Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert (*Action)

4 posters

Go down

Convert (*Action) Empty Convert (*Action)

Post  eJacob Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:41 pm

After much hate and bashing from my roommate and friend Brandon on Warmachine, I finally got him to play a game this morning! Come find out I enjoy teaching the game, and he actually enjoyed it. I don't believe he will buy an army but this means I can practice tourney lists without even leaving my home now!
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Convert (*Action) Empty Re: Convert (*Action)

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm

nice. Kind of sucks that I wont be the only skorne player now though

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm

I do not understand, who else plays Skorne?
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Ya who? I thought you were the only self mutilation army player.
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  dcmechanix Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm

I believe he's referring to Brandon's ability to copy everything he does... thus, another Skorne army must be on the horizon Razz
dcmechanix
dcmechanix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 pm

dcmechanix wrote:I believe he's referring to Brandon's ability to copy everything he does... thus, another Skorne army must be on the horizon Razz
Finally someone gets the Xerox Joke!

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:15 pm

So first game Brandon and I played was a 15 pt game and we just played a 20 pt game. He assures me that the reason he keeps losing is because he doesn't have enough stuff. So I told him we could play a 50 pt game and he called dibs on the Avatar. I don't look forward to being on the bad side of the Avatar, but I think an Amon list would give me what I need to take him out and dash Brandon's hopes.

He seems legitimately interested in the game though his memory for some of the rules leaves much to be desired. I very much enjoy teaching this game, whereas I always found Warhammer to be a pain to teach people. I'm going to break Brandon into this game in true Warmachine fashion. I will beat him into a bloody mass of torn flesh and shattered bones. I look forward to getting him to play some of you guys. Using my army of course.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 am

Brandon and I played another game tonight; we played 35 points this time around. Our lists were as follows.

Brandon (Heathen)
Severius 6 w/ Blessing of Vengeance 7, Redeemer 6, and a Crusader 6

Jacob (Pure Menite)
Amon Ad-Raza 6 w/ Dervishx2 (4/Cool, Vigilant 4, Devout 5, and Guardian 9

Holy Zealots L+9 and UA (6/Cool
Choir L+3 (2)
Reclaimer 2, Wracks 1, Heirophant 2

We play on a smaller table because it is all we have at this time. It's roughly 2 1/2 by 3 1/2. So it's pretty small but it's better than nothing. And thus far when we have played we just play with a small forest(DVD Case) on each side of the table.

First turn I run everything, after casting Mobility and Synergy. Amon advances up 8 with the Heirophant leading the way and the Devout close behind. Choir advances on each side of the forest stretching their coherency to it's limits.

Brandon runs his Crusader and Avater up the center not quite to their full potential, but close enough. His Redeemer stands still and with the aid of a Battle Hymn fires into my Zealots killing 3 and a Choir member (Reclaimer receives 4 souls). He runs the Blessing just far enough into the forest, but hopefully close enough to channel a spell. TFG advances forward on a Shield Wall order to mingle with the Choir and block Severius from the enemy. Severius casts Eye of Menoth and tries and fails to get range on an Immolation to the Dervish closest to his lines.

Turn 2 I decide to make a play to do some major damage to his Jacks, hopefully taking down the Avatar at the end. Plan is to Communion 3 focus to closest Dervish, give the other Dervish 2 focus, the Guardian 3, while using the Wrack and Heirohpant to cast Mobility. Start off with the Dervish charging the Crusader to hit and do some damage; starting the synergy chain I then charge the Crusader with the second dervish which was right behind the first Devish in the woods (charge of 10 inches with mobility, with Pathfinder). Sidestepping to the Avatar to do minimal damage after a snake eyes. Final phase of the plan was to charge the Avatar with the Guardian (charge of 9 with Mobility plus Reach), though I came up about an inch short, and suddenly I was in a very bad spot. Zealots pop mini feat and put up Spell Ward, which means they can only take damage from spells and feats and cannot be targeted by spells.

Turn two for Brandon is fairly productive. Severius moves up and feats, meaning my Focus does not replenish and I cannot cast spells. Blessing manages to take out a Dervish while the Crusader makes short work of the other Dervish. Avater advances up to the Guardian (luckily he rolled minimum Focus for the Avatar) and activates Menoth's Gaze (Amon is close enough) and does a lot of damage to the Guardian leaving only 9 boxes left but only managing to take out the Arc Node. Redeemer shoots to do a couple damage to the Vigilant.

Turn 3 for me is pretty rough for me not getting Amon's Focus, but I still have some tricks. I move 3 Zealots out of the threat of the Blessing and they all die giving the Reclaimer 3 more soul tokens (right?) which he moves up and gives 3 to the Guardian leaving 1 on the Reclaimer. If I am to have a chance the Avatar must die for I fear I will not be so lucky the next turn with it's Focus. I advance the Choir up and Battle Hymn the Guardian bringing his P+S to 19, with Critical Pitch (and Severius is definitely within flying church range!). After 5 attacks (and no critical pitches Sad ) the Avatar has 1 box left and it is the right arm... Which means he is still just as deadly come next turn... HE MUST DIE! Vigilant moves up and hits with both Shield Fists doing Vigilant damage; the Avatar still stands. Which leaves one last option, Amon himself can move up after pulling a Focus off of a Wrack, leaving him pretty close to the enemy with nothing to protect him. It took both attacks after doing no damage with the first attack to finally do it on my last chance roll.

Brandon charges his Blessing through some burning Dervish into the Guardian leaving it with 1 box left (sounds familiar) and has to move in the Crusader to finish the job. The Guardian explodes into molten wreckage revealing Amon hiding behind it. The Redeemer surges forward into the Vigilant barely overcoming the 21 armor and doing little damage. The TFG advances up on a shield wall order to engage the Vigilant, setting it on fire and hopefully blocking off Severius.

Turn 4 brings me my only chance to win this game (most likely). Severius is rounghly 8 inches from Amon with TFG, Choir members, and wrecked Jacks in between them. A charge is out of the question for I don't have a straight line to Severius. Amon is greedy with his Focus this turn keeping it all. Heirophant activates and does Harmonius Exaltation making a spell 1 cheaper. Since it all lies on Amon's back I activate him next. For 1 (normally 2) he casts Convection straight ahead into a Choir member in front of Severius. Needing a 6 I decide to boost because it is all for naught if this misses, and I am able to roll 6 on 3 d6's. Amon pulls a Focus off of a Wrack and casts Mobility leaving him with 3 Focus on him and taking his speed to 8 with Pathfinder. Perfect Balance assures no pesky free strikes end my run and Amon advances 8 to well within his threat range. Boost first hit to end up doing 4 damage, 2 Focus left with 12 damage to do. Buy an attack, can't afford to boost it for I need to hit and deal damage with two attacks to win. First hits and deals 7 damage leaving 5 on him. Last attack hits (needed a 7, rolled a 7) and deals exactly 5 damage to him. Severius falls. Brandon was a bit miffed that I rolled exactly what I needed to for the last two rolls, for I guess that happens a lot with me. Very Happy

Anyway, it was much closer than I expected it to be for my failed charge really hurt me. I look forward to playing more games with Brandon to both get as much practice as possible and to maybe get another player for our group. Definitely a bit different going against another Menoth force but I enjoy a challenge. Hopefully for our next game he will be creating his own list. Thanks for reading, good day!
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum