Mercenary Allies, SR2012, and you

Go down

Mercenary Allies, SR2012, and you

Post  Devstro on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:55 pm

I tend to find mercenaries...confusing. Who can take what, and those sorts of things. I'd like to know more about Constance Blaze. She is a Cygnar Warcaster, but she is also a Merc warcaster too, right? I think that she is, after reading the rules regarding Allies on Page 80 of the rulebook. Constance is listed as a Cygnar Morrowan Ally Warcaster.

So if she is a Merc warcaster, I could include her as one of my two lists if I was playing in a Steamroller tournament that allowed two lists, with my other list being an Ashlynn list, right?

And I could decide to play Constance's theme force, which allows me to bring Cygnar jacks and units?

So I could play Mercs in a two list Steamroller event, and if I brought Constance's Theme Force, one of my lists would be a Cygnar force for all intents and purposes, even though it is technically a Mercenary list?
(Yes I realize that my Ashlynn list is pretty much a Cygnar army too Very Happy ).

I just wanted to make sure I have that right.
Devstro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mercenary Allies, SR2012, and you

Post  Dark Aletheia on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Behold the power of Battle College!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Dark Aletheia wrote:Behold the power of Battle College!

Thanks!

I had been trying to get by with this.

Your link is much better!
Devstro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Devstro wrote:
I had been trying to get by with this.

Yuck. That neon yellow on gray is nearly unreadable.

And yes, Battle College is quite awesome. I've killed quite a few hours looking up strategies and future purchases.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:47 pm

When I first got into Warmachine, I was directed to Battle College, but at that time a lot of the information hadn't made the transition from Mk 1 rules, so it fell by the wayside. I'm going to have to check it out more.
Devstro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Devstro wrote:When I first got into Warmachine, I was directed to Battle College, but at that time a lot of the information hadn't made the transition from Mk 1 rules, so it fell by the wayside. I'm going to have to check it out more.

Oh yeah, BC just rocks (though beware of not so frequent rules mistakes as anyone can add anything...)
GregB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:10 pm

PP has officially declared that Constance's Army of Light theme force is NOT a valid choice if one is playing the Mercenary faction in a Steamroller 2012 event.

Here's the link: http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?105756-SR2012-amp-Blaze-Theme-Force&p=1414184#post1414184

That really bums me out... Crying or Very sad I guess I'll keep painting the Protectorate for now, but I just got all my Army of Light/Merc stuff primed two days ago.
Devstro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down