Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cygnar Cheese or....

3 posters

Go down

Cygnar Cheese or.... Empty Cygnar Cheese or....

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Thu May 03, 2012 4:02 pm

How I stopped loving and started fearing the Grenadier (yes I paraphrased Very Happy ).
Was wandering the web and found a bit on the Beasts of War website. A great site all together and found that if you take an Arcane tempest Gun Mage unit with the officer and give him two grenadiers to 'jack marshal some amazing things happen when you get those grenadiers near a trencher unit. See you activate the grenadier and since it is marshaled by the officer he gets a special Rune Attack. So some special goodies and with the grenadiers AoE and the Manual Reload you get six shots that can push back d3 and maybe knock down, get an additional die damage or snipe.
Ya, so what do you all think of this? Would this be tourney worthy? Yes it relies greatly on criticals but seems solid otherwise.
Laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Cygnar Cheese or.... Empty Re: Cygnar Cheese or....

Post  eJacob Thu May 03, 2012 4:22 pm

The push back happens automatically, and the knockdown is a crit? If so then it seems pretty strong. I would not like to play against that, but it would just mean they were probably my priority, which can mean exactly what the Cygnar player wants it to. They probably don't have too great of RAT though. Maybe they only hit with half of those or less.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Still, my LoE infantry still will hate them. Well any light infantry I guess. You dont need to hit, just be close for blast. Stealth might fear a range 14" 3" AoE.
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 am

Have you considered the Trencher Master Gunner? At a mere 2 points with a FA of 2, these guys can really improve the Grenadier with their Artillerist ability, adding +2 to their RAT, and allowing you to re-roll deviations.

The biggest drawback is lack of mobility and price. You will probably want them to stay dug in to keep DEF 18, so they won't be moving much. In a Steamroller format it might hinder your ability to contest a win by scenario objectives. But they have advance deploy and can begin dug in, so they can probably be in range of some of the scenario zones without moving (especially if you give them the snipe ability). 8 points for the ATGM + Dude, 10 points for 2 Grenadiers, and 4 points for the Trencher Master Gunners is a bit pricey.

You might also want to look into the Trencher Chain gun. They are only 2 points, and are Trencher models, so they can reload the Grenadiers. Plus they can lay down a covering fire template to keep the enemy melee troops at bay. Realistically though, only one covering fire template won't do much. If you have 2, you are denying roughly a 7 inch section of board. Add in a Cyclone and you are blocking a 15 inch section. But you are going to struggle against targets with high armor.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down