Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Ohio Tournament Series

+2
Swampgater
Splinter
6 posters

Go down

All-Ohio Tournament Series Empty All-Ohio Tournament Series

Post  Splinter Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 am

I was thinking this morning that it would be really cool to have some kind of organized series of tournaments across the state that would be spread out over the course of a full year. Do you guys think this would be cool?

I know of warmachine communities in Cincinnati, Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus, Mansfield, and Findlay and I'm sure if we looked we could find some others. The idea would be to hold about 6 tournaments held every other month where stats would be kept for individuals as well as each individual community. I feel like this would be a way to allow people to see the different metas in the state as well as strengthen each individual community by giving them places to go and something to play for as a team.

Logistics would be an issue I think but would this be something anyone else would be interested in? I think the Findlay/Fostoria community would be fun to represent in an event.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

All-Ohio Tournament Series Empty Re: All-Ohio Tournament Series

Post  Swampgater Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:20 pm

It would be a really neat experience to get something like that started. We should at least do some more traveling this year.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

I agree. We should definitely travel a little more this year. That would be cool.

The more I think about this the more it evolves in my mind. I think I'm going to try and type up a document and see if we can get this thing to pick up any steam. Maybe we can discuss it some more on Thursday and try to come up with something that might work.

Right now, I think it could be cool to have 5 tournaments form kind of a regular season and then have a sixth tournament that is based on the regular season standings. Kind of like a march madness type tournament style. That would be fun to me but i dont know about anyone else. I'm also thinking raffle prizes for anyone who attended all 6 events, prizes for the regular season team and individual champs, prizes for the final tournament team and individual champs, and prizes for best sportsman or something like that. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself but I think it would be cool if we could pull it off.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 am

This does sound really exciting. I would have money for the tournaments but I still do not have a vehicle and am dependent on rides. I can provide gas money if someone gives me a ride. I would not mind this at all. I like tourneys and meeting new players... and beating them. Smile
Lets get this going and see when we can start this.
Laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 am

I'm down with this. I'd be happy to facilitate and organize. However, I'm still a bit gun-shy about our ability to pull off tournies due to the lack of turnout for last one.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Glad you are on board Zach! I definitely think we should discuss this a little more on Thursday and see if we can start gauging interest around the rest of the state soon.

I still think the one tournament we had was a one off fluke thing. I don't think you should be worried about our ability to get a tournament off the ground. If it happens next time, maybe we can worry then Smile The tournament before that we had record numbers and as far as I could tell everyone had a great time.

I was also thinking of a calendar for this statewide event and came up with this:

Event 1-May 2013
Event 2-July 2013
Event 3-September 2013
Event 4-November 2013
Event 5-January 2014
Event 6-March 2014

By having it start in May we have plenty of time to gauge interest and plan. Also, this set of dates avoids having a tournament in the same month as a major convention as Templecon is in February, Lock & Load in June, GenCon in August, and Warmachine Weeekend (except this year) in October. That gives us the best chance of drawing in more people I think. Just some thoughts. If this thing gets as big as it is in my head, this could be pretty sweet. See you guys On Thursday.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 pm

I could be your Cleveland liaison. I'm not a press ganger, but I know several. I'm one of the few people in the area that actually plays at different stores.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 am

It's a brilliant idea. Plus travelling more and knowing new people will help advertise Findlay tourneys too, leading to a better turn out. alien
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Zach, you may want to float this idea to the Toledo guys. They have the clout, name-recognition, and energy to help this thing take off.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I think that's a good idea Zach. I think I want to flesh it out a little bit with you guys on Thursday then start pitching it to other parts of the state. I think Devstro will help out in the Cleveland area since that was actually the part of the state I'm least familiar with.

Hopefully something comes together. It would be cool to have a rate wide event that brings everyone from Ohio together.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Are you guys familiar with the Mayhem Cup. It is a travelling trophy that floats around the Iowa/Wisconson area. Maybe we could have something similar for the Ohio Cup. Whoever wins has to host the next tournament.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down