Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy, I'm Devstro

+2
Dark Aletheia
Devstro
6 posters

Go down

Howdy, I'm Devstro Empty Howdy, I'm Devstro

Post  Devstro Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello everyone! You've probably never met me, but I'm from Findlay, and used to do quite a bit of miniature wargaming there back in the 90's (anyone remember Rarities or Infinite Realms?). Although I live in Cleveland now, I still have family in the area, and visit town from time to time.

I've been into Warmachine for less than 2 years now. I jumped ship when fantasy came out with the 8th edition, and Warmachine Mk II was new. I wanted something fresh and different, and fell in love with the game right away. I started with Cygnar, but I do have a growing Mentoh army that I've never played. I've also got some Mercs that I am very slowly working on. I lean much more to the painting side than I do the gaming side these days, but I still want to get my little men (and women) out and play with them from time to time.

Last edited by Devstro on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Howdy, I'm Devstro Empty Re: Howdy, I'm Devstro

Post  Dark Aletheia Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Welcome! How did you find us?

If you drop by Dueling Grounds on Thursday nights, we play every week from 6-10 PM. We also have the occasional (I'm hoping monthly) event or tourney. Keep watching the calendar (button above) and I'll post everything there.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Retribution of Shiley Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Welcome to the party. Drink deep of the coolaid of enlightenment, brother.
Retribution of Shiley
Retribution of Shiley

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Dark Aletheia wrote:Welcome! How did you find us?

Legion of Hufferblight found me on Youtube. He and I used to game together years ago.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

Well met! It puts a smile on my face how many new faces we are getting around here. I love Menoth and though I have never had the good fortune of playing against another Menite, I can't decide if it would be a good thing or a bad thing. How often do you make it down this way? When might we expect you?
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 am

eJacob wrote: How often do you make it down this way? When might we expect you?

Oddly enough, when I lived out in Arizona I seemed to make it back to Findlay more frequently. I haven't been back in about a year. I'm hoping to change that. I'd like to make it back for the tournament on the 24th. I'm not a big tournament player, but I thought it would be a great way to meet people.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 am

We arent exactly a serious tourney crowd ourselfs. Unless some big fish wander down from the mid Michigan area. Looking forward to meeting you if you come.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Swampgater wrote:We arent exactly a serious tourney crowd ourselfs. Unless some big fish wander down from the mid Michigan area. Looking forward to meeting you if you come.

True that. I love the tournies because I get to see a lot of different stuff on the table, get to talk to new folks, and get to see some epic encounters. Although I don't play in them (as Press Ganger), I get the "vibe" from most of our events as not really overly competitive and more laid back affairs to throw some dice and learn some new stuff.

It does sound like some Toledo/Detroit folks might head down for the 24th. I've heard from John Paul and Chris Gore and they are definite maybes. However, to clue people in, these guys are super friendly, great sports, and one of them (Chuck Elswick) is featured in the most recent No Quarter (#40, p. 5) as winning the EXPLOSIVO! Sportsmanship award at Warmachine Weekend.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Awsome, hello Dev, glad you found the forums. I can vouch for Dev that he is a great player and person. In many ways he helped form me into the gamer I am today by asking one question that at the time just clicked.
"Does both your veteran sergeants need Vortex Grenades?"
It was a game of Warhammer 40K second edition. Since that day though I have had the outlook of if relax its a game and winning isnt everything. Just have fun on both sides of the table.
I dont think I thanked you for that so thanks.
Anyways, you Menite playing punk, when we rumblin??
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:53 am

Must be talking to you Devstro. He wouldn't dare speak to me in such a way! Very Happy
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am

Mwaahaahaa! Twisted Evil
I speak to you both!
Laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight