Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd

5 posters

Go down

Will you attend this event?

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd Vote_lcap80%The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd Vote_lcap20%The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd Empty The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri May 25, 2012 10:36 am

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament

Date: Sat., June 23rd
Address: 441 East Sandusky Street Findlay, OH 45840
Time: Sign in at 2 PM. Play to begin at 2:30 PM sharp.

Event Point Size: 25 Points (one list; Reinforcement Artifice will not be used)
Rounds: 4 round event using Steamroller 2012 rules
Scenario: All four rounds will use Close Quarters Scenario with the Kill Box Artifice from the Steamroller 2012 tournament pack.

Entry Fee: $5
Prizes: Store credit for two categories; player with the most wins and player who brought the least winning list.

Painting Requirements: None

Description: Have you ever wanted to bust out that "non-competitive" warcaster/'lock, field that useless unit, or see that overly expensive solo out on the field? How about all of the above all at once? How about trying to write the worst list possible using the models you own? Well, now is your chance. Bring your least competitive, most poorly designed and bloated list (using the models you own) and play a few rounds with other folks' embarrassingly bad forces.

List design: You can only include models that you own and have the cards for. You must be comfortable with 4 other players using your models and cards. Also, you must follow all standard list design requirements from the Steamroller 2012 rules (observe FAs, must use all warjack/warbeast points from your 'caster/'lock, cannot fall more than 2 points under the point size chosen for the event, etc.). You may use Theme Forces, but it would make little sense to do so (remember, the goal is to design a list that will lose as much as possible!).

Before each match, players with trade lists with their opponents and will play using the other person's models and cards. All rounds will Close Quarters Scenario with the Kill Box Artifice from the Steamroller 2012 tournament pack.

There will be two winners. The first will be the player with the most wins over the four events (ties resolved using the Steamroller 2012 rules). The second will be the player who brought the worst list with the fewest wins (ties resolved by inverting the SR 2012 rules; least Control Points, least AP destroyed, weakest Strength of Schedule, etc.).

Last edited by Dark Aletheia on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd Empty Re: The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd

Post  Devstro Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 pm

SWEET!!!!!

Now I hope I can make this! The calendar says my wife is on vacation, but I'll double check before voting. Man, the gears are really turning now. Decision, decisions.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd Empty Re: The Drunken Bodger "Best of the Worst" Tournament, Sat. June 23rd

Post  Swampgater Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Got the day off for this. Building a beast light pig list using the good doctor.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun but I won't be able to make it.Sad
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm hoping I will be able to stop by this weekend, but I wouldn't count on me to be able to play in the tournament this weekend. Hopefully I can make it out to get some games in soon!

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 am

Splinter wrote:I'm hoping I will be able to stop by this weekend, but I wouldn't count on me to be able to play in the tournament this weekend. Hopefully I can make it out to get some games in soon!

I hope to see you there. I now know that I will be making it for sure. And I can't wait to unveil my list Twisted Evil
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Very fun event. Thanks to those who came, it was very enjoyable pushing around other peoples models.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down