Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiona v. pSorcha 35 points

Go down

Fiona v. pSorcha 35 points Empty Fiona v. pSorcha 35 points

Post  Devstro Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 pm

So I've had this Kevin guy over to my house a few times for some games. I met him through the PP forums. He lives in Cleveland Heights. He plays Khador.

I wanted to try out my new Fiona army, so we were playing 35 points, with reinforcements. A flag too far was the scenario. I had Fiona, a Mariner, Dougal MacNaile, Long Gunners, Ogrun Assault Corps, Rorsch & Brine, Anastasia DeBray, Reinholdt, and my reinforcements were Taryn DiLiRovissi and Rutger Shaw marshalling a Bucaneer.

He was playing pSorcha, Beast-09, Winter Guard + UA + WAs + Joe, Widowmakers, Greatbears, Greylord Ternion, Reinholdt and reinforcements were a Mortar and 2 manhunters.

I won the roll to go first, thanks to Anastasia, and set up my forcers with the OAC and Long Gunners covering his objectives, and R&B, the Mariner, Fiona and my solos set to go after my objectives. He then proceeded to only deploy forces to cover my objectives, and deny me a flank, so I spent the first turn reorganizing the OAC and the Long Gunners. I turned Anastasia into my arc node and moved her up. On his turn he moved the Winter Guard up the middle, set up the Widowmakers in a forest, and moved the Great Bears and Beast-09 up the flank. On my turn 2, I forgot to bring on my reinforcements. I had dougal pop his mini feat so I could shoot farther. Fiona sat behind a wall and popped her feat. My long Gunners, OAC and Mariner all shot, and took out some Winter Guard. Anastasia harassed the Great Bears. R&B moved up. I had made a deployment error, so they were playing catch-up. On his turn 2, he remembered his reinforcements. The mortar took out some Long Gunners, and his Manhunters moved close to his 2 different objectives. Thw Widowmakers were outside the feat zone, and managed to kill one Ogrun. The Winter Guard were in the feat zone and couldn't really do much.

On my turn 3, I remembered my reinforcements, and I really went to town. I did some shennanigans with my Anastasia arc node that resulted in two of the Great Bears dying thanks to Influence (360 degree LOS and reach makes for a great influence target. The Bucaneer tossed his net at Beast-09, knocking him down. Rutger and Taryn shot the crap out of the remaining Great Bear, opening up the charge lane for Brine what went to town on the knocked down Beast-09, taking out his cortex and his axe arm. The OAC and the Mariner killed a bunch of the Winter Guard and Greylords with their shots, effectively neutering them both. The Long Gunners repositioned to get within 5" of the Manhunters so they could shoot them. One of the Manhunters died. I remembered contemplating moving Fiona, but I thought she was pretty safe behind the wall, camping 2 focus, back from all the action. After all, Sorcha was about 17 inches away, in a forest, with two interceeding linear obstacles. What's the worst that could happen?

Realizing that I was clearly winning the attrition war. Kevin decided to go for the assassination, after activating the Manhuinter to "live the dream" into the unit of Long Gunners. Reinholdt gave Sorcha a Lucky Charm. She cast Wind Rush, getting her out of the forest moving her closer to Fiona by 4" or so, after counting the difficult terrain. Then she cast Boundless Charge and proceeded to charge 11" over a linear obstacle, putting her within reach distance of Fiona. She popped her feat, and then pummeled the stationary Fiona. She used Lucky Charm on the boosted charge damage roll and hit for 10 or so. Then she bought a second attack and boosted damage finishing off Fiona.

I think this was one of those times where I put him in a position where he had no choice but to go for it. It was a great game. It took us 4 hours. Sometimes it is nice to be able to contemplate each and every move, but man, it can result in some long games as we each pondered every move.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Fiona v. pSorcha 35 points Empty Re: Fiona v. pSorcha 35 points

Post  Devstro Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:48 pm

I guess I should have stated that we each built two lists, following character restrictions, and then we selected our lists after viewing the other's list, as if we were at a tournament. Then we rolled for scenario. In retrospect, we probably should've rolled the scenario before picking lists. Ideally I would've dropped Reinholdt and added Rocinante to the list.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down