Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convergence of cyriss

5 posters

Go down

Convergence of cyriss Empty Convergence of cyriss

Post  Swampgater Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am

New warmachine faction announced during the templecon speech.

I'm calling dibs. Zach you can have Retribution.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Convergence of cyriss Empty Re: Convergence of cyriss

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm

I do not recognize your dibs. You've already got two of the coolest factions (pigs and gators).

I'm an elf guy, so I'll just buy both.

Though I am disappointed that the new faction isn't the Orgoth.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Huh, OK, not elves. Looks like a cross between War of the Worlds steampunk and 1930s art deco "Bioshocky" style.

I'm intrigued by how focus is used. Lots of potential for synergy here.

I'm going to have the read the Witchfire PDFs I have to get more info on these guys.

I'm really suprised that they aren' releasing a new Hordes faction. After they released Ret., I thought for sure Hordes was next, but I guess they are OK with a 6-4 Warmachine/Hordes faction distribution.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Hordes is still behind in model count. This might be another way to thin down releases to the oldest factions while still producing cool warmachine stuff.

The mechanics of the faction look awesome. Extreme focus conservation, powerful field marshal effects, adaptive infantry, jacks that change mat and rat based off caster stats. So awesome. Totally my summer warmachine army.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah, the mechanics looks cool.

I'm not yet sold on the look. It first glace, looks a little to "Necron" for my taste.

For me, the fluff would have to sell me on them. The same was true for Ret. I didn't like their look (too anime for steampunk I originally thought), but really got into the fluff/fiction, and the looks slowly grew on me.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Ive always enjoyed the concept of the cult of cyriss. A cult of obsessive mechanics building weird super clockwork tech in a steampunk setting is pretty awesome. I'm rather happy with the looks, cyriss inspired tech should look different from the basic jacks. Just like cryx and retribution jacks should look different from basic human jacks.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm

The mechanics seem interesting and I really like the back story from what I've read so far, but I'm not sold on the models yet. I'm really excited to start playing against them when they come out though.

Also, did you guys see the info on the new league? I don't know how we do it but I really want to play in that league. It sounds awesome. It's actually similar to what I wanted to try and put together but way more out together and way more interesting since it involves a global piece as well. Again, I don't know how we pull it off but I think we should try to figure it out.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Splinter wrote:
Also, did you guys see the info on the new league? I don't know how we do it but I really want to play in that league. It sounds awesome. It's actually similar to what I wanted to try and put together but way more out together and way more interesting since it involves a global piece as well. Again, I don't know how we pull it off but I think we should try to figure it out.

I am up for starting a league when/if we get to four constant weekly players. We're at three right now (me, John, and Austin) and are teetering on a fourth (Eric), but we're not yet at critical mass.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Do you think we could start doing some Saturdays? I'm not sure the rules of the league about needing to have the EO there but if we throw in Some Saturdays's or Sunday's I think we could make it happen. What do you think?

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm

So, I just got a chance to watch the video and that seems like it could be pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing how each jack will change with each caster. Having a jack go from Mat 5 Rat 5 to Mat 7 Rat 2 completely changes how it plays. That's going to be really cool. That focus efficiency sounds so nice as well.

The models are growing on me a little bit. I like the heavy jack and the infantry they showed but the lights and casters I'm still not sure on. I think they will look cool on the table though.

Story wise there are so many factions at war for so many different reasons. I'm interested to see why Cyriss decided to get in on the action now.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am

Ok theres a heavy jack that shoots saw blades. Commence money saving. This faction is mine.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:14 am

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 am

About Hordes, they will also get a new faction this year.

And apparently, from the hear say, we're talking about Infernals (which would be awesome too).
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

Cephelax might also have a strong contention for new Hordes faction. Maybe even stronger since cyriss is a faction now. Id give it fifty fifty at the moment and see which way the league fluff swings.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:49 am

Swampgater wrote:Cephelax might also have a strong contention for new Hordes faction. Maybe even stronger since cyriss is a faction now. Id give it fifty fifty at the moment and see which way the league fluff swings.

Considering they are already an ally of the Cryx, I doubt it.
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 am

There are examples of warmachine models working with hordes factions and vice versa so I think Cephalyx are a possibility. Do we know enough about Infernals to say they aren't working with the Cephalyx? Asphyxious might have made a deal with the Cephalyx not knowing he was also dealing with Infernals.

I haven't read enough about either Cephalyx or Infernals to know if that's a possibility though.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm

As far as I know there's no direct interaction between cephalyx and infernals.

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I just watched the video for them, and i must say the only time i have fallen in love this quickly was when i met my fiance........time to start the money saving.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Dissapointing in some ways. Still love the models enough to go all in.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum