Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 PT. 2012 Steam Roller Tourney

+5
Lord Tyrant Daemora
Swampgater
Legion of Hufferblight
eJacob
Dark Aletheia
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

35 PT. 2012 Steam Roller Tourney - Page 2 Empty Re: 35 PT. 2012 Steam Roller Tourney

Post  Devstro Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 am

Legion of Hufferblight wrote:Two days till the tourney and I still do not have a list ready. Anyone else in this boat right now or is it just me. Embarassed
I thought I had a good idea, but I think it was over specialized and fell short in the end. So back to the drawing board. Twisted Evil
Laters

Heck, it is two days until the tourney, and I haven't even decided what faction to play.

I think I might just make a list for both and then have them dice-off for the honor of playing when I get there on Saturday. Cool
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

35 PT. 2012 Steam Roller Tourney - Page 2 Empty Re: 35 PT. 2012 Steam Roller Tourney

Post  Splinter Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

If I played two factions, I'd probably be doing the same thing. I would never be able to choose! Fortunately, I only play Khador so my choice is easy Smile

Strakhov is still my go to guy but I changed up my list just a little from the last tournament and squeezed Aiyana and Holt into the list. Now the Behemoth can be an incorporeal sniper and I won't have to worry about running into pistol wraiths and machine wraiths! My second list is up in the air right now though. I don't know if I want to run eSorscha with winter guard and a couple jacks or run Karchev with winter guard and lots of jacks. Probably won't know until it's time to load up my bag. Either way, tomorrow should be a good time!

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:55 am

Im pumped for this shindig. We're going to need to crank that air conditioner in the back room. We be hitting critical mass tomorrow. Now I just gotta get through work without screaming "box cars box cars, no whammys".
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Tommorow will be fun. I finally hammered out my list and reinforcements. I am only going to bring the one list though.
Been practicing alot with different lists over the last week and think I have a good shot now.
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes indeed, I won't be praying to Menoth for my normal heathen smashing power, but instead for a nice cool day and an air conditioner the size of the Avatar!
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm

No kidding, so no burning of heretics. Well not too many, anyways. Its a nice day out right now. I hope it lasts.
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Who cares about the Menoth fire? Its pussy fire. Seriously I've seen some bad ass fires in my time, and those fires were extinguished by hundreds of gallons of water, not by someone rolling a 1 or 2 on a dice. I say bring it.

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltaic_DW Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:55 pm

wow I really got dominated yesterdady was fun although I was nervous. I do not know how I feel about my army maybe it was my list but I cant help but feel taht somethign more melee based would be more my cup of tea.

Voltaic_DW

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Had a great time yesterday. Nice to meet some new people and see some semi familiar faces. As of now the three dice that betrayed me are sitting at the bottom of my burn pile waiting for a sunny day.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Drew, IMO shooty armies have an easier time with assassinations, but a harder time keeping/capturing objectives

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Twas a good day, indeed. Both games I lost I look back at things I did and realise I could have had a much better chance had I done things slightly differently. Oh well, I guess as long as I learned something it isn't a complete loss.

Had a blast the whole day! Didn't look at the clock one time during the tournament, was surprised to realise it was 9 in the end. lol The next tournament cannot come soon enough!

John, I saw that which you speak of, at least a portion of it. It was pretty bad. Miss. Miss. Miss. 2 damage, or something like that. Horrible dice... I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Your face was getting pretty red! lol

Drew, I would agree with Steve. I will always take two lists when I can. I don't necessaryily take a melee and a shooty list but I do take two different lists with different strengths/weaknesses. Didn't really get to see what all you played or how any of your games played but next time take a shooty assassination list and then a beefy melee list. Remember you get to know what the scenario is and what faction you are playing against(along with his lists to look at) before you have to choose your caster/list. You having a single list also lets them know for certain what you are going to play which allows to pick the best list against you. We'll have to do some practice steamrollers, for I want more practice too.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:01 pm

practice cubed. 7minute turns still suck but still is going a lot smoother now than I was use to when we were practicing 10 minute turns.

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 pm

I had a great time too. Dice sucked, but my only loss was to Steve. It was the fight of the night. Steve did you notice how many people were watching us? Didnt think about it then but we were surrounded by people commenting like "oh did you see that?" and "wow good move."
Best fight I had all night. It was awesome.
The best part though is you beat me by 1 point for third place. Guess we are even then.

Now until the next tourney I can play some relaxing games with no time limit on turns. Smile
Tomorrow I need to start on some painting.
Laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Tyrant Daemora Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Now that you mention it, we did have a bunch of people watching, That game was probably one of my favorite, because it went back and forth, good times. Until next time.

Lord Tyrant Daemora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2