Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome from Findlay Hordemachine Players

2 posters

Go down

Welcome from Findlay Hordemachine Players Empty Welcome from Findlay Hordemachine Players

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Zach Walton and I'm the Findlay representative for the Warmachine/Hordes community that's sprung up at the Dueling Grounds in Findlay. Zach Beatty tipped me off to this awesome forum you all have started up.

I'm really pleased that I got to meet a few of you on Thursday. We really had a great time and hope that more of you will be able to make it in the future. I also gathered a few email addresses and sent out the following email that might be of interest.

I'll pop in on this fourm on a regular basis and check in. Jacob and Steve have my email address; I only say that because I just got an error message that new members can't post links or email addresses for seven days. (@Drew Smith: the email you gave me didn't work, so email me if you have a chance)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone in the future. Until then, rock on.

Here's the email that I sent out recently that spells out our plans for the future:

------
Hey Everyone,

It's great to have such a big email list for Warmahcine/Hordes players in the area. I feel like we are really hitting a critical mass of folks in the area and we are on the precipice of having regular league games and tournaments complete with prize support!

Thanks to all the guys who came from Fostoria last Thursday. It was great to have new armies on the board and we all had a really great time. I hope you all can make it on a more regular basis and bring the rest of your group with you. Also, if you'd like to pass along this email to the folks who couldn't make it and/or send their emails to me, that would be great.

I'm waiting to hear back from Privateer Press regarding my Press Ganger application. They have it, but they're understandably dealing with a lot of stuff right now. As soon as I'm approved, I'll start setting up the league and getting Dennis at the Dueling Grounds to order the league packages. If PP follows suit as they did last year, the official 2012 league would kick off in February or so.

In the meantime, we have a bunch of other options. Several folks are quite excited about starting a six week Journeyman league (start with a battlebox, add models as the weeks progress and can get points from painting as well as winning). After my semester ends, I'd like to run a Steamroller tourney. Also, around Christmas time, I'd really like to have a "Foodmachine" tournament (where, for every can of food that you donate for the needy, you get tokens that you can use for special powers during the tourney games).

With all this stuff still up in the air, we'll continue to gather on Thursday nights at the DG starting at around 6 PM. I know some of the guys from Fostoria said that they couldn't make it in the future on Thursdays, so we might switch up days to get the max number of regular players as possible. We'll probably have tournaments on the weekends and league play during the week.

Dueling Grounds is open today at 5 PM today (11/24) and John and I will be up there and start playing at around 6 PM, so if you are free, certainly come by and join us.

Rock,

Zach Walton
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Welcome from Findlay Hordemachine Players Empty Re: Welcome from Findlay Hordemachine Players

Post  eJacob Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome! Look forward to coming up this Thursday and playing a couple games. I also look forward to some tournaments and plossibly a league. Hope to see you Thursday.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down