Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom

+3
Legion of Hufferblight
Devstro
GregB
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom - Page 2 Empty Re: [Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom

Post  GregB Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Dark Aletheia wrote:Awesome! Can't wait to face these guys. Any idea of when you'll be coming to the States?

If everything goes right, between December and march... Sad
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

[Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom - Page 2 Empty Re: [Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom

Post  GregB Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Still waiting for my visa to be accepted, but I started a Journeyman League at my local club.

I expect to be painting progressively my 35AP list, based on the Witch Coven of Garlghast ! geek

Pics to come.
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Looking forward to it. The coven are some awesome models.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm

OK, as it is on the model of the Journeyman league, I start with a small Battlegroup :

Witch Coven of Garlghast & Egregore
Slayer
Nightwretch
Deathripper
Ripjaw

3 arc nodes, one heavy hitter. No real tricks here. cycling Infernal Machine to get close, then unleash hell. If stuck in melee, use ghostwalk or even better, curse of shadows. If facing some shooty groups, Occultation might be handy.

Regarding painting, I won't have to rush as the Deathripper and the slayer are already painted (no points for the league).

Then the upgrade to 25 points will be as follow

Skarlock (already painted)

Machine Wraith
Cephalyx Overlords
Cephalyx Mind Slaver and Drudges.

The choice of the units is mainly based on the fact that they are not painted but they are already glued ! Definitely not the wisest choice with the Coven, even though it will be fun to play eyeless sight troops instead of undead.

At 35APs, I'm still juggling between having a seriously built list and having some unpainted stuff done.
If I had them, I would put 10 Bane Knights (had to sell them cause they wouldn't fit in my bag anymore and I needed to prepare moving, happily, a brand new box is waiting for me in the US). Already ghostly and heavy hitters, they would help a lot. As I don't have them, I'll stick to squishy units and most certainly add

Blackbane's Ghost raiders

Finally at 50, I will go to what's left in my list with

Withershadow Combine
Revenant Cannon Crew
Saxon Orrik
Warwitch siren (the one that is unpainted)
Pistol Wraith (already painted)

Pathfinder, Dark Industries, ghost shot, incorporeal, Seduction. Anything to make the opponent cringe a bit...
And all unpainted for the moment.

38 Unpainted minis. That's achievable.
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:46 pm

A bit of necromancy to say that I ordered some additional paint from the Dueling Grounds.

Getting ready for the next Journeyman...

My project list is Mortenebra and Tier 4 theme force.
The additional project if I go fast enough painting all these jacks is Goreshade the Bastard with a LOT of bane thralls and knights (at least 30)...

GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Here are the two list I intend to glue paint and play along the following months... Provided I get a life back.

Master Necrotech Mortenebra - WJ: +4
- Deryliss
- Slayer - PC: 6
- Deathjack - PC: 12
- Malice - PC: 9
- Ripjaw - PC: 5
- Harrower - PC: 10

Wraith Engine - PC: 9

Warwitch Siren - PC: 2
Machine Wraith - PC: 1

Straight forward list with a big twist : the battle engine.

Malice and Ripjaw (yes, it also have vice-lock !!!) to open some charge lanes if needed.

Harrower and Wraith engine to deal with crowd control. I tried this list with some bile thralls to deal with it and it worked but as i have nothing to protect them really, my opponents will soon see their main flaw and get rid of them before they get in combat.

Slayer and DeathJack for the finishing move. Smile

Before I can play this list, I need to glue 4 miniatures : my second Warwitch siren, harrower, Deathjack (which keeps getting broken in my bag) and wraith engine (oh fun perspective !!!).
I have 8 unpainted minis.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Goreshade the Bastard - WJ: +6
- Deathwalker
- Desecrator - PC: 9
- Stalker - PC: 4
- Erebus - PC: 8

Bane Lord Tartarus - PC: 4
Warwitch Siren - PC: 2
Darragh Wrathe - PC: 4
Saxon Orrik - PC: 2
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2

Bane Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 10
Bane Thralls - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
- Bane Thrall Officer & Standard - Bane Thrall Officer & Standard 3

A "no brainer" list AkA "Apply moar banez".

BLT, Darragh and Saxon are here to boost the movement of the bane thralls mainly (6+3+1+2+Pathfinder).
The desecrator and the siren to save some focus and also put some AoE of interdiction.
Erebus and Gorman to mess with my opponent. Smile

With the feat, it gives a total of 29 banes... unless I take out Erebus and put 10 more bane thralls... I told you it was a stupid list.

On this list, it's easy, everything needs to be glued and painted...
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:55 am

First update. Desecrator and Harrower are GLUED !!!

[Painting challenge][Cryx] SHWTD, pale army of doom - Page 2 Crabjacks
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinos Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Nice work!

Ravinos

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:28 am

Ravinos wrote:Nice work!

Thanks. I'm now working on some Cygnar and I hope the results will look as good.  affraid 
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 pm

I actually own most of these models right now.....

Very Happy 
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Hey Greg, stuff is looking great! I look forward to trying my hand with some Cygnar against some more Cryx. I too intend to do my own painting this time around. Aside from the stuff that I bought painted. Doubt I will strip that stuff, but you never know. Keep up the good work.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 am

eJacob wrote:Hey Greg, stuff is looking great! I look forward to trying my hand with some Cygnar against some more Cryx. I too intend to do my own painting this time around. Aside from the stuff that I bought painted. Doubt I will strip that stuff, but you never know. Keep up the good work.

Thx. But my Cryx is not my Cryx anymore. It's Zac's! I'm a cygnar player too...  tongue 
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2