Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game

3 posters

Go down

Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game Empty Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game

Post  Magnum Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Hello everyone my name is Matt. I just moved to Upper Sandusky recently and I want to find a place to game that is a little closer than my regular gaming place in Delaware, Ohio. I started Warmachine about a year ago but college kept me from playing regularly, but now that I'm done with school I have a lot more free time after work. My main force is Cygnar. I was drawn to Cygnar because of the trenchers but I have not had that much luck with them. But I have not played anything other than battle box games for the past couple of months because that's they only games I have been able to drum up. So I looked on the PP forum for places around here and found this forum. I checked out Dueling Grounds a few weeks ago but I just recently moved my Warmachine stuff to my new place so I'm ready to start gaming again.
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game Empty Re: Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game

Post  Dark Aletheia Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Welcome! I'm the local Press Ganger and facilitate the local events around here. We just finished up an extremely successful tournament on Saturday and everyone had a lot of fun.

We play every Thursday night from 6-10 PM at the Dueling Grounds. We also have monthly events and Steamroller tournaments on Saturdays. I'll be there this coming Thursday (as will a few other folks), but will miss the one after that due to a day trip to GenCon. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

As an aside, I grew up about 10 min. from Upper (in Sycamore). I worked at the Upper McDonald's in high school and dated a few girls from over there. I still play in a monthly D&D group with a bunch of high school friends that's held quite close to Upper.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game Empty Re: Just Moved and I need a New Place to Game

Post  Magnum Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks for the information. I"m going to try to be there this Thursday. So what's the average size game do you play on Thursday's?
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Usually, we go at the standard 35. If you are going to be there for awhile, some folks go to 50. With beginners, we do battleboxes or to about 25. Really, it depends on whatever the other guy is up for.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 am

Welcome indeed! We are always eager to play with new people and help them whenever we can. I look forward to seeing you at some of the tournaments. Unfortunately, my work schedule does not allow me to play on Thursdays, but I try to make each event. Well met, and good games!
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks, I look forward to playing a lot more Warmachine.
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down