Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event

2 posters

Go down

Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event  Empty Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event

Post  Splinter Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey guys, I started a thread on the Privateer Press boards about using a merc warcaster and list as a second or third list in a steamroller tournament. The reaction was about as divided as I expected but I kind of feel like there wasn't any real big game balance issues with the idea that were brought up, so I thought I'd brig the idea here and see what everyone thought. Do you guys think it could be cool or something too far out there? If everyone is up for it, would you guys want to try it out in a few months?

Just another thing I've been thinking about since I haven't been able to play lately Smile

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event  Empty Re: Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event

Post  Swampgater Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 am

Saw that thread as well. It brought up some interesting points. The major things that would need to be done is no pact benifits for the merc list and possibly no merc theme forces. Gotta leave something for the actual merc and minion players.

Then there's the issue of balence. Should factions be able to shore up built in weaknesses with a merc list? Might be to much.

Doesn't change anything for hardcore merc and minion players.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event  Empty Re: Using Merc/Minion Casters as a second list in a steamroller event

Post  Splinter Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 pm

I was really interested in what you thought about it especially since you are really the only consistent Merc or minion player we have in town. I'm still kind of torn on the whole issue. I'm really not sure what it does for balance either. Rereading my posts I don't think I really responded the best to some of the posts but I was a little frustrated. O well though.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting some games in with you guys soon! Hope everything has been going well so far.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down