Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21

+2
GregB
Devstro
6 posters

Go down

Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21 Empty Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21

Post  Devstro Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Join us on Monday, January 21st at 6:00 P.M. for a Warmachine/Hordes Tournament. Bring an 8 point list and try to be the best assassin. There will be no scenarios, just warcaster/warlock kills. First place gets a $20 gift card to the Warzone. Second place gets an unremarkable pair of dice. The best painted army will win a Windsor & Newton Series 7 paintbrush (the entire army must be painted to be eligible). Entry is FREE. Food and beverages will be available to all participants. Come on out and show us what kind of broken list you can devise for this format. The number of rounds played will depend on the number of participants. Rounds will be 30 minutes long. If both casters are still alive at the end of a round, both players get a loss. Event will be run by Devstro. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

The event is being held at:
Warzone Matrix
4704 Rocky River Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135
(216) 433-1316

I know it is a bit of a drive, and a Monday night, but I thought I'd post it here just in case...
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21 Empty Re: Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21

Post  GregB Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

Do I read 8 points ??? Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21 Empty Re: Cleveland Tournament, Monday, January 21

Post  Splinter Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't want to commit to being there since its a Monday, but this actually sounds like a ton of fun.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm

This is MLK day, which means I have mandatory in-service until about 5 PM. So that nixes it for me, but it sounds like a great deal of fun! Maybe next time if it is on a weekend...
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:06 pm

An 8 point assassination list? Sounds like a job for Maelok.

Ill put in for the day off.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I wish I could go and play Mortenebra and Deathjack. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 pm

So its 8 points plus warjack/beast points. There much retribution out that way? That's a min mage hunter strike force and ua plus some cheap jacks. Not pretty for those squishyer casters.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 am

One of the guys was openly brainstorming a Garryth list with 2 mage hunter assassins, Eiryss, an arcanist, and some jack, so yes, there is at least one Retribution player. I know one other guy started buying Retribution models, but he has never played them, but 8 points isn't too much to get together.

Most of the locals tend to play hordes. I'm not sure how the 8 point limit will affect their decision of what to play though. At first I was thinking of running a highlander format, but I feel that it can be overly restrictive on some factions. I thought 8 points seemed like a good place. You can run a couple of beasts/jacks if you want, or you can bring a unit (or 2 if they are cheap). I've never heard of anyone running an 8 point tournament. I thought this way people would have to think up new stuff, and couldn't just look up a list on the internet.

I think my favorite list that I have heard so far is pNemo, with the Thunderhead and Arlan Strangeways. Not sure how to keep him alive though. I think the games might be quick. Who knows.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Sounds interesting, will have to see if i have class that day or not. If I do go I have room in my car if anyone wants to ride with.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down