Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New faction suggestions.

3 posters

Go down

New faction suggestions. Empty New faction suggestions.

Post  BRrugby Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:09 pm

So as i get ready to add to my Troll army( picking up new caster and the war wagon since i decided agianst the MK) I figure I might as well pick up some models from a different faction to increase my playing options. Kinda loking into Retribution or LoE. I know some about LoE but nthing abut Retribution, anyne happen to have some more knowledge about them that I do?

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

New faction suggestions. Empty Re: New faction suggestions.

Post  Swampgater Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Retributions a glass cannon combined arms faction. Kinda like cygnar except there casters aren't as good and their melee units are better. There jacks are really interesting in that they fill multiple roles but aren't as good at them as a dedicated jack.

Legion is an alpha strike army in either melee or ranged flavor. Generally runs beast heavy and has the fury support solos to do it well. Lots of movement schenanigans.

Both army's ignore a good chunk of game rules. Ret mage hunters ignore spell buffs and los. Legion beasts have pathfinder and eyeless sight.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm thinking about starting up a Ret. army.

In related news, I have a chunk of a Legion army I'm thinking about selling (x8 Shredders, x3 Carnivean, x 2 Forsaken, x 2 pLylth, pThagrosh, pVayl). All Shredders, 1 Carnivean and x1 Lylth are painted to a high quality.

Might these two items be related?
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am

Perhaps, how much were you thinking? I also have my Cygnar that i'm wanting to get rid of( pstryker, markus brisbane,full long gunners with UA, full precursor knights with UA, 1 cyclone, 1 defender/ironclad, partially assembled, 1 charger, and 1 lancer), if you're interested in trading for any of them.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 am

BRrugby wrote:full long gunners with UA, full precursor knights with UA, 1 cyclone, 1 defender/ironclad, partially assembled

Very interested in these. Especially the Long gunners and P Knights.

When you come back in Jan., let me know and I'll bring my LoE stuff for you to look at.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Alright, i'v already started to think of the fun I can have with LoE, i'll pick up some other models before i come back. Absylonia feat plus Archangel sounds fun.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Cool. Let me look at your stuff first and let me think about letting go of my stuff for a bit. I'm 90% sure I'm down for the trade, but let me think about it.

Also, I have the LoE faction deck as well.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Alright, even if we don't trade I think I am gonna head to LoE over Retribution so i'll still need to pick up some new models. LoE just seems to be more towards my liking, maybe i'll pick up a little bit of Retribution as well lol. How did last thrusday go btw? I saw that there where several new guys planning to show up.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Didn't we also talk about trading some stuff for my painted Trollkin battlebox? Or did I just imagine that?

Good choice of LoE over Ret. by the way. LoE is a hella lotta fun and I'm committed to getting a Ret army going, so we can avoid some faction overlap.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am

I think we were discussing my need for an Axer, but I think we figured out that the Battlebox comes with an Impaler.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

I am also picking up the Army Transport MK II and soem foam trays to better transport my army, what size trays are good for the beasts, units, etc if anyone has suggestions.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down