Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the kriel

2 posters

Go down

For the kriel Empty For the kriel

Post  BRrugby Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

So work has me on midnight shift now I have the day tomorrow to get 4 hours of sleep then make my way up to Akron for a tournament where I will be playing my trolls for first time this summer. Very Happy
My two lists are

Emadrak
Pyre troll
Impaler
Full kriel warriors with UA and 3 caber throwers
Full burrowers(or SOB)
Full fennblades with UA
Fell caller hero

Second list
PGrissel
Storm troll
Impaler
Same set of kriel warriors
Full long riders
Horthol
Fell caller hero

Will post some battle reports after I get done tomorrow.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

For the kriel Empty Re: For the kriel

Post  GregB Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am

I love the brutal poetry of the second list... Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  BRrugby Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:39 pm

So finally getting time to write about saturday. So went up to JAC Games in Akron and had a really great time. Nice big store with tables everywhere and walls just full of all sorts of games and miniatures. Went 1-2 overall in the tournament but had a great time and learned a lot. Here is a break down of the games.

Game 1
menoth
can't really remeber his list but had the temple flame guard and two of the light jacks that have the spray. Went with the madrak list for this one since scenario was Supply and Demand i figured my infantry spam list might be the best choice. My inexperience agianst menoth and with the new units really hurt me this game. If i had known that the flamegaurd could get to really high armor i would have brought my other list as the fennblades and kriel warriors were not doing it. Also got to bogged down with my own units because of the tight terrain. We kept slugging it out in the middle zone with me not doing much to the flamegaurd and my trolls making their tough rolls. Ended up losing when time ran out because of army points.

Game 2
Legion
Plylith
typhon
angelius
bolt thrower
ravegore
2 sheperds

Scenario was there were two flags. one point for dominating your own, own for controlling oppents and 2 for dominating opponents.
Took pGrissel this time as wanting to get some long rider action in for the day.
turn 1

he goes and advances everything. typhon on my left with lylith and the other 3 to the right a little.

I go second and advance carefully uising hoof it on the kriel warriors to get them up the field and long riders on the right flank towards his ravegore and angelius.

turn 2
things went so wrong here and I messed up big time. So typhon advances and gets his 3 sprays off killing some kriel warriors but more importantly putting 15 damage on grissel that i did not transfer because i would be needing my beasts next turn. Ravegore shoots one long rider blowing it up with boosted damage.

My turn i feat and beat down on typhon with the kriel warriros with battle prayer on them. Agian messed this up as should have put calamity on typhon with grissel and used the fel caller hero to buff the kriel warriors even more. Typhon survives but is missing two aspects so here i am thinking he only has one spray. Grissel has moved over to my flag so i cna get a point at end of turn. Long riders move up to threaten the angelius and ravegore.

turn 3
ok, this is where my inexperience in playing agianst shooting armies showed BIG time. I realized after my turn i hade left grissel exposed under estimating that range of lylith and the bolt thrower. Long story short through lylith feath and pin cushion on Grissel she dies, game over way to early. If she had been able to make it through this turn i feel i would have been able to pull this one off. Also side note i forgot to make tough roll with grissel Crying or Very sad 

Game 3
Little back story before this one. After my loss in the game before I went on to do a little shopping and watch some other games. THe game i settled in to watch was another troll player playing borka agianst a khador army. This is probably the most craziest game of the day. sorcha managed to stay alive for 3 turns while surrounded by full unit of champions and to win just getting by with one control point she got the turn before time ran out. It was just her and the warjack controlling the flag left of her army at the end of the game.
So i end up playing the troll player for game 3. Some troll on troll action.

his list
pDoomshpaer
Mulg
mauler
Rok
EBDT

i took grissel list agian.
scenario there are two zones to score points in.

turn 1
he goes and advances everything. Rok and EBDT to my left zone and Mulg hanging near doomshaper with mauler going to right zone.

I go hoof it on the kriel warriors to the left zone spreading out and the long riders head to left zone

turn 2
He gets rok int othe kriel warriors and kills a couple, everything else just moves up a little.

My turn, here is where the power of the caber throwers came threw for me. I activate grissel and throw calamity on Rok and then feat. Fel caller gives the kriel warriors the buff for MAT and then the kriel warriors do there battle prayer and chage in on Rok and EBDT, so for Rok it is +6 MAT and +4 damage and for EBDT, +4 MAT +4 damage.....they do not last the turn after caber knocks down and everything else auto hits with extra attacks from feat. Long riders slam mauler out of right zone and I score 2 control points.

Turn 3
He wades mulg into the warriors and deals a little damage, doomy feats and thats about it. I score another control point

My turn kriel warriors try to beat up on mulg doing a little damage but nothing major. Long riders slam mauler agian and does some damage. I score one control points this turn.

Turn 4
He does one last ditch effort to goad mulg over to grissel, he intially said he was gonna just walk him over and take free strikes but because of the caber throwers he could not risk just walking after i reminded him of their attacks knocking down larger base models. He almost makes it but runs out of furry

So i just do a little moving and attacking end my turn and win by control points.

BRrugby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum