Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 25th Event in Cincinnati

2 posters

Go down

February 25th Event in Cincinnati Empty February 25th Event in Cincinnati

Post  Splinter Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Everyone,

There is an event in Cincinnati this coming Saturday, February 25th. I'll already be down there so I won't be able to carpool but I wanted to let everyone know just in case someone would be interested. Here's the post from The Prime Generation forums.

When:
February 25, 2012

Introduction:
With the release of Wrath our friends at Privateer Press crafted up some fancy coins that we will be giving away this weekend. Now there were some rules released with some crazy scenarios and terrain, but really I wanted to do something that we haven't done in the area yet.

So with this in mind I pooled my resources and scoured my network of fellow PG's and decided to do a 'achievement' event. The "Faction Frenzy" will be a day of gaming with the overall winner collecting the loot of a 'Warmachine Championship" coin. Each player participating will also have the chance to win a Warmachine faction coin with their logo embossed on it. How do you win these coins? Well keep reading...

1151 Main Street (St. Route 28)
Milford, OH. 45150

$5.00

Rules:
35 Points
Any number of lists
Fixed 5 Turns per game
10 Minute Set-Up
Standard Time Limits (7 Min./ 3 Min. Extension)
2012 Scenario Format (chosen at random if both players can't agree)

Schedule:
Store Opens
11:00
Registration and Table Assignments
11:00 - 11:30
Games Start
11:30
Games End
7:30
Awards Presentation
7:45

At 7:30 'dice down' will be called and all games will end. Standard scoring for the game ending will be in effect.

Scoring:
This event will be held over a period of 8 hours (see schedule below). You will play as many games of Warmachine/Hordes that you possibly can. Since games will end at different times and also to prevent stalling or games being to casual, each player will get a maximum of 5 timed turns per game. This is about equivalent to a full game at this point level with no variable added.

Each player will earn points by not only winning games, but also by executing achievements over the course of the day. There will be 3 types of points used (Battle, Attrition, Achievement). The total of these three scores at the end of the day will determine our overall winner for the event, this player will win the 'Warmachine Championship' coin. The player with the highest 'Achievement' point score for their registered faction will win that "Faction' coin.

Round Scoring:(These points will be added to your Overall Score.)
Win
10 Battle Points
Draw
5 Battle Point
Loss
5 Battle Points

Tie-Breakers:
Standard Steamroller Tie-Breakers will be in effect.

Attrition Points:(These points will be added to your Overall Score.)
This is the total army points destroyed by you during the game.

Achievement Points: (These points will be added to your Overall Score.)
1. Oppressor: Knock down an enemy Warcaster/Warlock - 3 Points
2. World Ender: Destroy 100% healthy heavy Warbeast/Warjack with a single model in a single activation - 5 Points
3. Bounty Hunter: Kill a 100% healthy named character model with a single non-caster character model - 3 Points
4. Lucky:Roll 3 or more sixes in one roll (all dice rolled must be a 6) - 3 Points
5. Unlucky: Roll 3 or more ones in one roll (all dice rolled must be a 1) - 3 Points
6. Charmed: Roll 4 or more sixes in one roll (all dice rolled must be a 6) - 5 Points
7. Cursed: Roll 4 or more ones in one roll (all dice rolled must be a 1) - 5 Points
8. Cunning Tactician: Win a game without using a Feat - 8 Points
9. Strike!: Kill 4 or more models with collateral damage from one attack - 10 Points
10. The Horror: Force an enemy model or unit to flee (Terror, Abomination, Massive Casualties, etc) - 3 Points
11. Fastball Special: Throw one of your own models into an enemy model - 3 Points
12. Scottish Kung-Fu: Headbutt the enemy Warcaster/Warlock - 5 Points
13. Victor: Win at least 4 games - 8 Points
14. Fail: Lose at least 4 games - 8 Points
15. Speed Demon: Win a game in under 3 turns - 5 Points
16. Slaughterhouse: Kill all enemy trooper models before the end of the game - 8 Points
17. Master of the Arcane: Cast all spells on Warcaster's/Warlock's card, including animus in one game - 3 Points
18. Axe to Mouf: Win a game without your Warcaster or Warlock casting ANY spells or animi - 10 Points
19. Intelligence Gathering: Get your Warcaster/Warlock into the opponent's deployment zone - 5 Points
20 . Monster Hunter: Destroy 3 or more Warbeasts in one turn - 6 Points
21. Wrecking Machine: Destroy 3 or more Warjacks in one turn - 6 Points
22. Slap Chop: Have a model hit an enemy with an open fist attack then a bladed weapon - 3 Points
23. BOOM! Headshot: Kill an 100% healthy enemy Warcaster or Warlock with a single attack - 10 Points
24. Redshirt: Lose a 100% healthy multi-wound solo from a single enemy attack - 5 Points
25. Athlete: In one game, perform all of the following: Charge, Slam, Trample, Push, and Throw - 8 Points
26. Stampede: Kill 4 or more enemy models with a Trample attack - 5 Points
27. Herculean Task: Slam or throw a model at least 6" - 3 Points
28. Grappler: Keep an enemy Warjack or Warbeast in a power attack weapon lock for two of the enemy's activations in a row - 5 Points
29. Tide of Battle: Get a unit of 5 or more models into the opponents deployment zone (entire unit must be in the zone) - 5 Points
30. Flawless Victory: Win a game without losing a single model - 10 Points
31. How'd you do that?!?: Win a game with only your caster remaining - 10 Points
32. Strategist: Win at least one game by scenario (not a caster kill) - 5 Points
33. General: Accumulate more than 10 control points over the course of the entire event - 10 Points
34. You started it: Be the first player to kill an enemy model - 3 Points
35. Where did Bob go?: Kill a entire unit of 10+ in a single turn. - 8 Points

Prizes:
Overall Winner - Warmachine Championship Coin
Most Achievement Points per Faction - Faction Coin of the army registered for the event.
Depending on turn-out store credit will also be in the mix.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

February 25th Event in Cincinnati Empty Re: February 25th Event in Cincinnati

Post  Splinter Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am

I guess technically its in Milford, but its right around Cincinnati. If anyone is interested I can get you some directions if you need them. The group down there is a lot of fun to play against and has some very good players that are all willing to help you learn. Whenever I am down there I regularly get destroyed, but it is a lot of fun.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltaic_DW Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:23 am

Those acheivements are hilarious i like Strike thats funny sounds like a lot of fun

Voltaic_DW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down