Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gators journal 2.0

5 posters

Go down

Gators journal 2.0 Empty Gators journal 2.0

Post  Swampgater Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 am

Ran my standard Maelok list at the Toledo tourney today. The team event fell through due to low player count.

My list
Maelok -6
Wrastler 9
Spitter 8
Snapper 3
2x Posse 18
Thrullg 3

Game 1

Terminus
Deathjack
Harrower
Bane Thralls
min mechanithralls
Wrong Eye and Snapjaw

Turn 1
He runs every thing up and the Deathjack that Advance deployed got most of the way toward my control point. I run one posse around an obstacle along with my wratler, spit on the Deathjack for minor damage and spread the second posse and thrullg around my control point to prevent the Deathjack from scoring a point, Maelok applied Death Pact to the control zone posse to prevent soul based shenanigans.

Turn 2

Deathjack kills 2 posse members and the mechathralls spread into my control zone. Terminus casts malediction and moves up to the edge of his control zone. Harrower takes a shot at the wrastler and fails, banes move up some more. Wrong eye and snapjaw move up some. I see the classic Maelok assasination and go for it. I revive the two posse members into gaps around the mechanithralls and feat. The posse in the control area ghost charge through the mechanithralls and reach Terminus. Grand total of three damage. Thrullg disrupts Deathjack and the other posse run in to contest the zone. Wrastler moves up to the front of the army and the spitter shoots at the harrower.

Turn 3

Terminus, Wrongeye and snapjaw kill the Deathpacted posse, while Deathjack kills Thrullg and 2 members of the other posse and heals off most of the damage i did to it. Banes and the Harrower failed to do anything to the rest of the remaining posse and the wrastler. Im in trouble and pull the bug gun out of the bag this turn. The posse shift around and kill some banes. Then the spitter moves up grabs the wrastler and chucks him at snapjaw. Maelok shifts Death pact onto the remaining posse and charges a mechanithrall. The wrastler Rises and charges Terminus leaving him at one box.

Turn 4

Death jack Snapjaw and the mechinthralls fail to kill Maelok, and Terminus has the same problem with the wrastler. Banes fail to kill any posse. Wrastler eats Terminus.

Really close game, and could have ended badly for me. Ill add game 2 tomorrow.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Gators journal 2.0 Empty Re: Gators journal 2.0

Post  Splinter Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

Sounds like an awesome game! Terminus is really hard to bring down. I know I have never been able to do it. Also sounds like you are perfecting the flying gator trick, which scares me. Really looking forward to hearing how the rest of the day went!

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am

Very astute use of the Death pact spell !!

Definitely you turn your bad match up into a bad match up for your opponent !

And the flying Wrastler is always good to read about !! cheers
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Well onto the failure that was game 2. Due to low player count and streght of schedule this was the last official game.

His list

Mohsar
Ghetorix
Wold Warden
Gorax
full Druids
blackclad wayfarer
sentry stone and mannikins
gallows groves

Scenario was double mosh pits.

Set up
He sets the sentry stone mannikins , and black clad near my left hand objective. The druids, ghetorix and gorax take center with Mohsar behind them. The grove and warden take the right.
I put a posse on the left a posse in the center with thrullg and beasts and Maelok on the right.

Turn1

He runs everything up and gets the sentry stone into the left zone. Mohsar puts up mirage on Ghetorix and sunhammer on himself.

I run everything up getting the left posse just into the left zone and the wratler into the right, put death pact onto the center posse and spread out a few spiny growths. The spitter does light damage to ghetorix who was the furthest up enemy model.

Turn 2
The warden moves up and geomancys curse of shadows onto the center posse. Then ghetorix charges in and kills two members of the center posse. The sentry stone moves further up and two of its mannikins turn into forest templates for protection while the third trys a spray that does nothing. The druids move up and create a smoke line while one sets up counter magic. The blackclad does minor damage to the center posse with his spray. Mohsar triple salt pillars protecting Ghetorix from charges.

Im not sure what to do here. Thanks to the curse ive lost alot of my screen, Mohsar is sitting way back and theres a line of smoke in my way, and circles best killing machine has a good line to maelok once the pillars go away. I royally screw up here. The left posse kill the black clad and move through the forest templates. I waste precious activations cracking salt pillars and getting thrullg to a positon that to take of mirage for no real reason.

Turn 3

The warden beats on a posse member then chain attack throws it into the thrullg killing the posse member and knocking thrullg down. The druids move up most of them cloud, but two get brave and try force bolting my turtle but end up in thrullgs effect area killing them. Ghetorix gets primal and mince meats maelok with ease.

Thoughts

I screwed up pretty big here. With hindsight the proper course was have thrullg wack a posse member to remove curse of shadows, revive some of that posse into the charge lane. Then engage the warden to hopefully stop a new curse from being applied while moving Maelok toward safety. My left posse was mostly unopposed and he really had nothing left to shift them out of the zone.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 am

Zack/Dark Alethia and I had a gaming marathon today and I figure its about time I update this thing more often. I tried some tweaked lists and Zack was still wrapping his head around the seadog bonus stacking so alot of learning was going on.

List for game 1 & 2

Bloody Barnabus
Wrastler
Snapper
Snapper
Boneswarm
2x Posse
thrullg
swamp gobber bellow crew

Shae
Mariner
Nomad
Freebooter
Buccaneer
Seadogs + Walls
Doc Grogspur
Hawk
Rockbottom
Aiyanna and Holt
Commadore

Game 1 Caster kill
I go first , posse on left, posse on right, everything else in the center. Ithrow up three swamp pits and protect everything from the cannon. Zack moves everything up.
Turn 2 begins rather well. My posse kills a seadog and the rest run to engage the unit. Barnabus pops out enough swamps to guard the cannon but I leave him at 0 fury. Rest of the army gets in a good position for alpha striking. Unfortuantly I forgot what Shae forte is. He gives 3 focus to the nomad, feat to get an unexpected charge lane , coup de mains, and the nomad punks Bloody B.

Game 2 Caster kill
Deployment is pretty similar Though the left posse is more centralized. Turn 1 I swamp pit everything agian and move up. Zack moves everything up and the commodore has no target.

Turn2: Throw up 2 swamp its and iron flesh the left posse. warbeasts and thrullg block off charge lanes. Zack charges the seadogs into the left posse with tough bonus. They fail to kill anyone. Buccaneer mariner and commodore take out some of the right posse.

Turn 3 Thrullg moves and disrupts the mariner. Bellow crew fill a bottle neck with smoke blocking charges. Bloody B feats sits in a swamp pit and sits on 2. Much seadog beating occurs knocking out about all of unit. Right posse has to stand up and does some damage to the buccaneer. With Shaes feat the freebooter gets a charge on bloody b and two handed throws him . A few points of damage get done and the nomad and hawk get in charge position for next turn. Commodore turbo sprays and kills three posse members while rockbottom set Bloody B on fire.

Turn 4 Bloody b survives fire. Bloody B camps 2 and puts iron flesh and swarm on himself. Left posse charge holt the commodore and rockbottom, killing rockbottom, but not killing holt or the cannon. Wrastler throws boneswarm at ayanna , kills her and stands the boneswarm with rise. Bonswarm attacks Shae and fails. Last member of right posse runs toward Shae. Barnabus survives 6 focus worth of jack attacks and Hawk. Shae flails at the boneswarm and puts the cannon swabs to block the wrastler from charging Shae.

Turn 5 Wrastler slams the boneswarm over Shae and the swabs. Sadly it doesnt drop Shaes defense thanks to his special rule. Fortunatly the last member of the right posse really hates Shae and murderizes him.

Games 3 and 4 Ill post tomorrow.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Wed May 16, 2012 7:18 am

Really looking forward to read the rest, cause you typically have a very bad match up with Shae. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 am

On we go. Zack played the same pirate list and I mixed it up a bit.

Caliban
Wrastler
Snapper
min bone grinders
2x posse
wrongeye and snapjaw
Bad Religion teir 3 (first round army wide stealth advance deploy Wrongeyes battlegroup.

Game 3 Scenario- Forgot name the one with 3 flags and one leaves

Setup- I put a posse on the left a posse on the right and Caliban's battlegroup plus the grinders in the middle. Ayanna and Holt plus a Mariner deploy on my right, the seadogs and their support elements on my left, and Shae, the rest of the jacks and the cannon take center stage. Wrongeye and snapjaw advance deploy on the right.

Turn1 I run stuff up. He runs stuff up, cannon misses a fire shot due to stealth. Left flag goes away.

Turn 2. Carnivored left posse meet pirates, a few die a few tough. The right posse gather around the flag and Wronge eye and snap jaw submerge and move toward Marniner. Wrastler gets spiny growth and moves up. Caliban nails nomad with parasite. Zacks turn starts great. Cannon slams a right posse member through three other posse members and kill all 4, leaving 1 left. Mariner misses a shot at that posse member and Ayanna and Holt hide behind said mariner. Seadogs recieve combat buffs and kill 2 of the left posse. Freebooter charges Wrastler does tiny bit of damage and chain attacks throws it back a bit. Nomad follows up and fails to kill the wrastler.

Turn3 Wrastler stands and kills Nomad. Left posse kills some more pirates, right posse member stays by flag. Snapjaw slams the mariner over Ayanna and Holt killing both and clearing the flag of enemy models. Score a point at end of my turn. Zacks cannon kills wrastler, Caliban gets netted from the buccaneer and the freebooter pounds the heck out of him and kills the snapper with transfers. Another member of the left posse dies. Mariner hurts Snapjaw.

Turn4 Left posse kills the last of the pirates and Walls, healing Caliban through Carnivore. Snapjaw kills mariner. Caliban is boned so beats on the freebooter doing a good amount of damage. Caliban dies to freebooter.

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 am

John, I'm really impressed how many of these details you remember. Thanks for writing these up; I enjoy reading them! Very Happy
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Devstro Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 am

I have also enjoyed reading them. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I seldom get to play as often as I would like, so it is nice to live vicariously now and then.
Devstro
Devstro

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Thu May 17, 2012 10:43 am

Devstro wrote:I have also enjoyed reading them. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I seldom get to play as often as I would like, so it is nice to live vicariously now and then.

+1 !

Thanks for the reports. And congrats on doing so well with a very bad match-up ! Crocs are killers. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. I got some games in with Zack/Splinter tonight in our eternal war of gators vs Khador. Tried a differnt Maelok list mostly to goof off with Wrongeye and snapjaw. Zack tries a new list game 1 and goes to his tourney list game 2

My list

Maelok
Wrastler
swamp horror
snapper
Gatorman posse
Wrongeye and snapjaw
totem hunter

Zacks list 1
p Sorcha
Beast 09
juggernaut
kolden lord
manhunter
min widowmakers
Boomhowlers plus Valechev
wardog
kell ballock

Scenario Outflank Out last aka double mosh pit

Setup- I let Zack set up first. He puts Boomhowler's on my left with the widowmakers and the manhunter. Sorcha, dog, the jacks and the kolden lord go in the center.I put the posse on the left along with the totem hunter, Maelok and the beasts take center and Wrongeye and Snapjaw on the right.Theres a forset dead between the two objectives in the center. Totem hunter preys widowmakers.

Turn 1- Zack runs most everything forward. Juggernaut and kolden lord take the right and beast and sorcha stay center to see how things go, kell goes into the forest. I run everthing up as well with the totem hunter sliding around some terrian on the far left. Posse get death pacted and wrastler gets a spiny growth.

Turn 2- Valachev pushes Boomhowlers a few inches forward , they stand and shoot but are mostly out of range and only do 2 damage to a posse member. Kell adds another 2 damage onto that posse member. Widowmakers try to take out the totem hunter and fail. manhunter wiffs a charge on the wounded posse member. Juggernaut and kolden lord shuffle around a bit. Sorcha windrushes and beast more or less stands still. Posse charges boomhowler killing 2 and knocking 2 down plus killing the manhunter. Totem hunter leaps the widowmakers, kills 2 and sprints back behind the boomhowlers. Maelok and beasts pile up behind the forest on the center right along with snapjaw.

Turn 3 Widowmakers agian fail to kill the totemhunter. Boomhowlers make some charges, injurying a few gators but failing to kill any, along with wiffing on the totem hunter. Beast imprints and thresher charges, killing two posse members and toughing a boomhowler. juggernuat moves up a bit in the mexican stand off that was the right control zone. Maelok moves to the left, revives the 2 posse members and feats. The revived gatorman use the incorporal to get to valachev and the real boomhowler, killing valachev and hurting boomhowler, while a few more of boomhowlers boys bite the big one. Totem hunter leaps his blue skinned attackers kills one and runs toward sorcha. Wrastler gets reach animus, ghosts through woods and blows the open fist off Beast 09. Snapjaw fails the charge on the juggernaut as I forgot his tail has reach.

Turn 4 Sorcha gives three to each jack, and feats. Beast actually fails to kill my wrastler for once, while the juggernaut kills snapjaw. Boomhowlers and the widowmakers cant deal with arm 22 posse members. Maelok heals the wrastler, which then proceeds to kill Beast, and eats kell in the process. Boomhowler most of his boys and the widowmakers die to posse. Wrongeye suicide charges Sorcha and dies to the wardog. Totem Hunter charges Sorcha and also fails.

Turn5- Sorcha kills totem hunter and wind rushes to get out of posse attack range. Juggernaut aproaches Maelok. Last few boomhowlers kill the revived posse members. Maelok puts up Malidiction and moves up. Swamp Horror drags the juggernaut into base contact with itself, also pulling it into malediction range, but fails at any major damage. Spiny growth goes on Maelok. Wrastler runs through woods.

Turn 6 Juggernaut shuffles around the swamp horror, and wails on Maelok, forcing transfers. Sorcha comes up and finishes the job.

Game2
Zacks list
Strakov
Behemoth
Kodiac
full assasins with underboss
eliminators
mechanics
ayanna and holt

Scenario Outflank outlast

Setup- I set up first and place things pretty much the same as the first game except totem hunter takes the middle. Zack puts both jacks on the left with the assasins in the middle and the eliminators on the far left flank. Strakov is near the jacks. Ayanna and Holt hold the right.

Turn 1 Deathpact posse, evrything runs up. Zack runs up his assasins and spreads them towards the right. Elimiators run. Behemoth pops a posse member with his cannons.

Turn 2 Posse dirges and charges assasins, killing one. Wrastler moves right to te edge of the forest and gets spiny growth. Wrong eye and snapjaw submerge and move up. Totem hunter kills assasin and sprints toward ayanna. Eliminators charge a posse member and fail the terror check. Kodiac punches a posse member to death. Behemoth fails some shooting. Assasins have to spread themselves thin to cover both scoring zones and fail to do anything to the posse. Starakov and his little dog move up a bit. Holt kills Totem Hunter.

Turn 3 Snapjaw kills 2 assasins. I see an opening and rev up the maelok special. Two revives and a feat line up some posse members for the charge. But first the wrastler gets reach from the swamp horror, charges and death rolls strakov. A few bought attacks kill strakov with at least 2 posse members as back up.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 am

Rise rise my thread. Back from the dead rise.

Played Zacks new mostly assembled stormwall along with Darious some more jacks and every support solo he could muster. Ill post a proper battle report in the next day or so. Just wanted to post some thoughts while the games still fresh in my mind.

1) Ive really got two choices agianst colossals, use Caliban to strip buffs and parasite it then pile in with every thing I can (which is what I did tonight). The other option is to ignore it with maelok or bloody. B as best as I can.

2) Healing a 80% dead stormwall to full sucks.

3) I really need to get a carver list painted for tourneys. Ps 18 weaponmaster warhogs is looking like a solid bet.

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:03 am

Yup,

Gators are known to have problems with high armor stuff.

Looking forwzrd to the battle report
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 am

Gator list Bad Religion teir 3.
Caliban
bull snapper × 2
wrastler
Wrongeye and Snapjaw
Spitter
Posse × 2
Min bonegrinders
Witchdocters × 2
Darious and halfjacks.
Stormwall
Centurion
Defender
Gorman
junior warcaster
Squire
Reighnholt
mcdougal
ironclad

Deployment
Zach predeploys the Stormwall in the middle. I put a posse on my left and the other posse Caliban and his battlegroup in the center with a witchdocter behind both posses for zombify support. Zach puts both the centurion and defender next to the stormwall on my right. Ironclad on the left, most of the squishy stuff is hidden in the shadow of the stormwall bar some halfjacks. Wrongeye Snapjaw and the spitter advance deploy on the right. Zachs table is a few inches short for those measuring ranges. Only rule is killbox.
H
Turn 1
Theme force gives me army wide stealth. Both posses dirge of mist and run then get zombify added from the attendent witchdocters. Caliban spreads some spiny growths occulates himself for later and fail charges forward. Warbeasts run and tile. Spitter moves up a bit and hits the centurion doing minimal damage and splashing corrosion on a halfjack and stormwall. Zach goes and the halfjack dies from corrosion. Stormwall moves up and drops a pod along with the covering fire templates but do to stealth cant shoot me due to stealth. The rest of the jacks reposition around big brother, arcane shield is cast on stormwall and fortify is put on the centurion.

Turn 2
Caliban gets craft talisman from the bonegrinders upkeeps occupation, steps up a bit and hex blasts the stormwall to remove arcane shield then parasites it. Spitter acid shots the stormwall for two columns of damage. Center posse declare pathfinder to clear rough terrian and charge the stormwall, blowing out a side and a half but the leader has subpar rolls and I don't have anything to finish it off. Fortunately the cover fire templates did minimum damage. Leftposse charges a halfjack before it can convert itself into a mine. Wrastler and snapjaw position themselves to try to kill stormwall next turn because we all know what's coming next. Zach has his ironclad tremor some posse members knocking them down. Halfjacks move into feat position. Darious goes feats to fix up everything shoots some posse members for minimum damage then casts full throttle. Stormwall shoots out another pod then power attack threshed to kill off entire posse fighting it. Turtle gets black oiled and snapjaw is a hair to close. Turtle dies to centurion and defender.

Part 2 tomorrow
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I'll say at this point that you brought the absolute best list for gators to take down the Stormwall. The tier benefit of first turn stealth was a killer and shut down the Stormwall's big guns and, for all practical purposes, turned the Defender into a paperweight. Calaban's Hex Blasting Jr.'s Arcane shield was an insult and Parasiting the Stormwall (making his ARM effectively 16!) rubbed salt into the wound.

Were it not for Darius' feat, I would have lost this game handily.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Turn3

Caliban drops parasite , upkeeps occulation, gets craft talisman from the grinders then hex blasts and re parasites the stormwall. Wrastler charges stormwall, blowing out a side and three or so columns. Snapjaw sacrifices attacks and moves up on the centurian to hopefully prevent it from charging the wrastler. Left posse engages in mortal combat with the ironclad for the rest of the game. Wrongeye submerged for safety. Zach has the halfjacks bodge the stormwalls movement. Darious shoots at some of the left posse doing nothing, then full throttles. Stormwall turns and nearly kills the wrastler, taking some spiny growth damage in return. Centurian attacks wrastler taking weak free strike damage from snapjaw. Wrastler dies. Defender shoots a witchdocter early in the turn which is finished off by the third storm pod. Junior reaplies arcane shield on stormwall.

Turn 4
Parasite and occulation is upkept. Caliban tries to hex blast off fortify from the centurian but misses. Wrongeye charges the stormwall and kills it. Snapjaw tries to kill the defender but fails. Ironclad vs posse drags on. A snapper slams the centurian. The centurian in turn kills wrongeye removing snapjaw. Darious casts jack hammer a few times killing the snapper. Defender shoots at other snapper.

Turn 5
Caliban drops occulation, gets craft talisman and unloads on Darious. He doesn't die. Zach answers with double steam cannon shots and a defender shot. Caliban dies.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down