Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blindwater Journal

4 posters

Go down

Blindwater Journal Empty Blindwater Journal

Post  Swampgater Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:19 am

12/15/2011

Maelok is not a frontline caster. Malediction is a last resort spell.

The posse is indeed all that and a bag of chips. Maelok makes them really hardy arm 18/20/22 with eight boxes is not easy to kill. Plus 2 attacks and a hefty charge range is really nice. Plus the built in bonuses. Cant wait to iron flesh these guys with Barnabus. Everything an elite unit should be.

Swamp gobbers are about what I expected. Need to work on positioning a bit more. Should make the cygnar gunline less scary.

Still got to work on fury managment.

Really lacking for a way to deal with heavy armor. More of a faction issue though.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Blindwater Journal Empty Re: Blindwater Journal

Post  GregB Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 am

I don't know much about Maelok, but for Barnaby, it's not really a problem.

Drop a small pond, throw the heavy warjack in the water, knock him down in it, it's over.

Gators are all about assassination run, and there's no caster (Even Karchev) who can avoid being killed by jaws and axes in the face.

Motto of the day : When it's too heavy to be killed, just throw it away and deal with it later. cherry
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm

True Bloody B always has the swamp pit for jacks. Though Circles wold creatures and titans dont care if they get a bath. The real issue is camping high armor casters. The posse can tear down a backline spell slinger with no problem, but a tanky frontline caster holding his focus is a major problem. The only real answers for camping in the blindwater toolkit are Caliban's parasite spell, the thrullg and the wrastlers bite. Thrullg is a pretty squishy solo and doesnt have stealth so odds arent great for him to last till the end game. The wrastler can finish off a camper, but it needs really solid rolling agianst a 24 arm caster.

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:27 am

12/20/2011

Iron flesh does indeed make the posse incredibly awesome. 16/16 is a great place to be at. Also 2 melee attacks with rerolls are great. Cant wait for the second posse to get here.

Barnabus stacking buffs is incredibly hard to assasinate. Iron flesh, spiny growth, and concealment from a gobber cloud means you arent going to be able to shoot him, and melee is still going to need to boost. Add on swarm from the bone swarm and even melee likely wont hit.

Swamp pit might be the best 2 cost spell in the game. 5 inches of anti range sanctuary/jack graveyard/ rough terrain. So good in so many ways.

Things to work on:

Target priority. Arc nodes die before solos who cant kill my caster.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 pm

You wouldn't be talking about Feora would you? Very Happy I've got to find a better way of taking out those gator posses, for the errants didn't do so well head to head. I think I will have to resort to Weapon Masters.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

https://steamtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Actually, you have two ways with Menoth to handle the posse :
- interdict them with a bunch of temple flameguards and their UA under the mini-feat and shield wall. Then on the next turn, burn them (providing they manage to get afraid).
- send them back to their pond with some nasty bastions !! They won't have the fire power to kill them all at once and you'll be able to play with the bastion's ability to distribute damages. and then get your revenge with a good array of weapon master thingies.

Menoth is the real nasty thing in Warmachine. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:39 am

I've only just begun to acquire some Weapon Masters. I obviously didn't know what I was doing when selecting my purchases but I bought what I wanted to play. As far as units go the Cinerators and the Errants are the only Weapon Masters I have. I'd like to get some Bastions, but they are not cheap.

I look forward to pitting different things up against the Posse just to see how they do. Temple Flameguard was probably going to be my next option. If nothing else, I will tie them up for a while.. Can't wait to see what all you bought John, for my Menites are hungry for some gator.
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 am

eJacob wrote: but I bought what I wanted to play.

That's the spirit. cheers

Bastion are not cheap but they have a high play value. You can also choose some Knights Examplar which are a very good powerhouse

If it doesn't work, I'll give you a harbinger Tier4 list which could help... Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Yes bring that brick of shieldwall flame guard. My turtle greatly enjoyed them last time. Twisted Evil
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Wrongeye and his little buddy arrived today. A little difficult to assemble. Looking foward to playing these guys. 9 more points to the congregation.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  eJacob Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm

I have new tricks aswell. Your turtle will be preoccupied with other things to worry about my little flageguard!
eJacob
eJacob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:11 pm

We'll see on the battlefield.

11 more points of gator goodness in the mail today. One more decent sized order and Ill pretty much have the whole faction. Minus the 2 models that wont be out for awhile.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Swampgater wrote:One more decent sized order and Ill pretty much have the whole faction.

I remember that during the Prime years of MK I, I could have said the same about Cryx!

Good times.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 am

A few quick thoughts after the longest night event.

Croak Hunter didnt get to do much do to random zombie attacks. Also forgot advance deploy. Would be happier on a table with terrian.

2x posse are a very hard to remove, even without buffs. Once the witch doctor comes out theyll be even harder to get rid of.

Snapjaw is rock solid. Free charges verses warriors, extra charge range, super snacking, reach with crit knock down. Wrong eye didnt quite get a chance to shine, fury 4 makes influence hard to hit, and I didnt get a good voodo doll target tonight.

Bloody B with max buffs still really hard to kill.

Start hammering out some 35 point lists in the next few days. Also likely order Caliban and the bone grinders this weekend.

Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 am

Pair of games tonight.

Blindwater battlebox is about as solid as an 11 point box can be. Solid ranged threat, solid melee beasts performance. And the glorys of swamp pit.

Agian the posse are rock solid on defense and pretty lethal to anything that isnt armor 20+. Its intersting to see how differnt buffs change things. Iron flesh protects them from direct attacks, both shooting and melee but leaves them somewhat more vulnerable to blasts and other infantry clearing tools. Maeloks Death Pack makes them fairly immune to anti infantry stuff, but they'll be taking more hits then with Bloody B. The unit is pure gold even without buffs. Come on Witch doctor, time for some tough posse.

Got to pull off a decent Maelok counterpunch tonight. Let the front lines meet, feat, walk on through to the sweet support and caster filled center.

Also rolled hot the second game. Lot of 6s and 5s.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down