Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tiers for fears blindwater

2 posters

Go down

tiers for fears blindwater Empty tiers for fears blindwater

Post  Swampgater Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Here's my lists.
Bloody Barnabus apex predator
Wrastler
Spitter
spitter
Double posses
Double min bog trogs
Double witch docters
benefits one small shallow water template, warbeast point reduction, plus one starting roll

Caliban Bad Religion
snapper
snapper
boneswarm
Wrastler
Double posse
Wrongeye and snapjaw
spitter
Max bonegrinders
Feralgiest
Bonus feralgeist gets advance move, first round stealth, wrongeyes battlegroup gets advance deploy.

First battle report after work tonight.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

tiers for fears blindwater Empty Re: tiers for fears blindwater

Post  Swampgater Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 am

Game 1 : Almost a bad start and the titanium witchdocter

Opponent had one list allowing me to choose the best match up, in this case bloody b.
E Magnus Bad Seeds
renegades x2
Mangler
defender
mule
Cygnar rangers
Max swordknights with ua
Saxon orrick
Orin midwinter
Kell Ballock
Random other solo that died horribly before learning its name
Theme benefits: some point reduction and the sword knights and Saxon gain ambush.

Deployment: I set up first, placing a posse and witchdocter on each flank bloody b and the battlegroup in the center aiming to contest the center zone. He places the rangers and kell behind a forest on my left. Orin and soon to die solo are placed a bit to the right of that bunch. Magnus and jacks square off in the center. The sword knights and Saxon chill off the board with my trogs.
Turn 1
Basic Bloody B first, gators dirge and run then get zombifyed on both flanks. Bloody B throws out some swamp pits and charges into one of the pits followed by his beasts. Magnus casts mobility and moves up. Most of the jacks run up while one renegade makes an odd choice and tryst to kill the right witch doctor. He misses and wastes the rocket. Rangers move up along with Kell and Kell misses a shot on the left posse. Orin and the other solo run behind the jacks.
Turn 2
Left posse gets zombies and charge Kell killing him. Bloody B throws up a swamp pit moves up and feats knocking down the jack wall. Turtles kill Orin and the unknown solo. Wrastler moves up a bit. Right posse charges his right most renegade doing decent damage and locking the other range jacks in combat. He sees a chance and goes for it. The mangler is bonded so gets four focus and Magnus casts Mobility. The mangler spends one to stand one to charge bloody b one to boost to hit and does decent damage then spends the last focus to make another attack which misses. Swordknights come in with Saxon charge the left posse and the witch doctor and fail epically. Meanwhile the rangers and there power ten bb guns kill two of the left posse.
Turn 3
wrastler kills mangler. Spotters get a line on magnus but only scratch him. Left posse kill a chunck of sword knights and the left doctor misses Saxon Orrick. Right posse hurt the renegade and mule some more. Bloody b hides in a pit behind the spitters. Magnus gives some focus to the defender puts up bullet Dodger on himself walks up and feats declaring his back table edge and the right table edge. This leaves him in line of sight of both spitters. Defender kills a posse member. Sword knights and Saxon still cant kill the witch doctor with six attacks. Rangers kill two more posse members.
Turn 4
Spitter one aims, boosts to hit and makes it. Boosted damage roll leaves Magnus at half life. Second Spitter is just as accurite and massively more damaging. Magnus dies.

Thought: I burnt my feat far to early for minimum benifit and left Bloody B in a bad spot doing it. On the other hand the Mangler was about the only threat to my wrastler while I kept his ranged jacks locked up. The other threat, his swordknights were locked up by my witch doctor, forever denied their mighty flank bonus by the three point support solo.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 am

Sounds like a good first game! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the rest! Also, did you guys have a good time? Did they use a lot of terrain or similar to ours? Were there any really cool tier lists or lists you weren't expecting to see? Just curious since I haven't seen you guys in like 2 months Smile stupid work

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 am

Game two : Darn you Brunt Cragback
Ossrum tier 4
Rockram
Gunner
Blaster
Herne and jon
Thor steinhammer
basher
Max forgeguard
Max highshields with ua
Tier benefits: trench template, highshields get advance deploy, upkeeps start out
I choose Bloody B, holding to negate shooting and hose his shieldwall troops in corrosion.
Deployment: He sets brunt and lug on the left flank, forge guard set in triangles in the right center,
ossram and jacks go on the right with herne and Jon and Thor with his basher. I set up similar to my
last game. Highshields deploy in front of forgeguard. Snipe goes on highshields, fire for effect on herbs and Jon, and bullet Dodger on ossram.
Turn 1 He runs everything up with the highschields hiding behind a wall on my right. I run both posse into forests and zombify them. Battle group goes into pits and spitters are short on range and have terrible deviations. Warpath gets cast.
Turn 2: Brunt and lug move into a forest and brun casts stonehold. The highschields get double time, move up, cra at the right posse members, minifeat to shoot again, then back up killing one gator and hurting another. Herne kills a gator with and gets bad deviations on the secondary blasts. Forgeguard shuffle up and ossram and company shuffle around the right flank. Bloody B goes first makes a pit , moves into it and feats. One turtle kills Herne and Jon, the other kills a triangle of forgeguard. The right posse dive into the knocked down highschields, reaping the few in range, left posse try to slow down Brun and lug a bit.
Turn 3: He starts by pronto slamming with the basher knocking down most of the right posse, then ossrams battlegroup cleans up three of that posse leaving one left. Most of his infantry has to stand up and move. Lug eats some gators. Spitters kill more dwarf infantry, wrastler tries to take down rockram and fails miserably. Right posse survivor kills a highschield. Right witchdocter gets between rockram and Bloody b just in case. Left posse spread out to try to block forgeguard survivors and brun. Bog trogs ambush in and kill Thor while threatening ossram.
Turn 4 Ossram feats. Basher moves into trogs and flack fields killing a ton. Rockram blows up the wrastler with great rolls. Forgeguard reach the left posse and blow them up, which allows brun and lug to hit my left most turtle. I cant get to ossram with my trogs now and ive got a heavy jack about to hit me next turn. Time to clear a zone and rack up some points. Brun must die and take his bear with him. The last spitter tries to throw the dwarf out of base contact with lug and fails. Bloody B tries to crit consume him and fails. Last witchdocter sac strikes the last posse member on the left and does like two damage.
Turn 5 Rockram meets Bloody B, splat.

Thoughts: every model I played agianst was new to me. Highschields with snipe are a pain. Move 4 shoot 14 move 4, annoying. Forgeguard hit like a truck along with the rockram. The Thor Basher combine was nuts. The all stars were brun and lug, essentially a weapon master cygnar jack and his impossible to kill buddy. I fell behind on attrition from the cra shooting and the bear. But I will be redeemed of these mistakes later.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 am

I had a blast, and Zach was swimming in painting compliments. Squirrel had a bad game experience sadly.

Terrian was pretty similar to ours, though they might have spread it out a bit thin, due to the large turn out.

There were a lot of cool theme forces, from the p Haley double storm strider with stormwall list, to the lists from factions we don't see around here. Yet all I played agianst were mercs and khador.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am

Game 3 The bigger they are
My first opponent of the night with two lists. He also had an eIrusk list. I choose Caliban as he was running double Conquests in the other list and sure enough that's the list he choose.

E Sorcha
Conquest
Conquest
max mechanics
Max winter guard with ua
winter guard mortar crew x3

Scenario Assualt

Deployment: I get first go. He predeploys both conquests base to base somewhat on the left. This puts them off to the side of an enormous multitier hill on the boards center. I deploy Caliban and the battle group in the center with the bone grinders behind. Posse on the left flank and a posse on the center right with the feralgeist between that posse and the wrastler. He puts the winterguard on the left, all three mortars on the right and Sorcha behind the Conquests. I advance deploy wrongeye and his battle group on the right flank. Feralgeust advance moves in front of wrastler.
Turn 1: I run both posses up along with the wrastler. Caliban puts occulation on himself and carnivore on the left posse. The winterguard run up with desperate pace then get iron flesh. The mortars move up ontonthe first tier of the hill and get to shoot thanks to the theme force. Fortunately my theme force grants army wide stealth during this turn so he misses, and gators fear not splash damage. Conquests run.
Turn 2 Wrongeye and Snapjaw submerge and move up. The spitter kills a full mortar crew and half of another, which fails its leadership test. Left posse declares rerolls and kill off the first rank of winterguardsmen while blocking off the bonded left Conquest. The boneswarm and feralgeist block off a path to my wrastler. The right posse run up the hill blocking his conquests in. I now control the right side flag and contest the left. The winterguard Bob and weave then kill a posse member. Fleeing mortar keeps fleeing while the last surviving mortar misses a shot on the right posse. Left conquest can only reach two gatormen who die. The right conquest moves onto the hill and kills a member of the right posse. Sorcha moves next to the non fleeing mortar crew and tries to freezing grip the right posse but misses.
Turn 3: Snapjaws a bit out of control area but passes his frenzy check. Feralgeist and boneswarm move out of the wrastlers way and attempt to block in the bonded conquest. Caliban parasites the right conquest. It takes the wrastler three gatormen and finally snapjaw to kill it (my kingdom for a bronzeback). The left posse just annoy the left conquest a bit. Spitter kills the non fleeing mortar and Sorcha takes some splash damage. Sorcha tries to even the field, she feats and cyclones through the models that killed her conquest. She fails miserably missing all the posse and barely scratching the beasts. This leaves Sorcha in a terrible position facing charges from the models she missed. The conquest can just barely shift in close enough to kill my wrastler in one hit. Mechanics surround Sorcha. Winterguard kill off the mostly frozen left posse.
Turn4: Caliban gets craft talisman and steps up. He feats, hex blasts the mechanics out of the way, then slams a bone shaker into Sorcha for the win.

Thoughts: I felt I had this game well under control. Shielding the wrastler with the feralgeist is a nice strategy when there's one magic weapon on the field. Its also really easy to out number and isolate an army with so many pricy slow models.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down