Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 point caster kill! Cryx vs Khador!

Go down

75 point caster kill!  Cryx vs Khador! Empty 75 point caster kill! Cryx vs Khador!

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 am

This is not much of a battle report but some important things I learned that may help you down the line.
Jesse and I played a game of WARMACHINE last night (and some of this morning.) It was a great game, we each took 2 warcasters each. His being Scaverous and Venethrax, mine being pVlad and eIrusk. In the end I won, but the pressure he put on me the entire game with his army I didn't feel I had any board control or chance for victory until the last two turns, Venethrax and then Scaverous the next died.
The crazy thing is at the end I still had a good amount of my army, it was just the ongoing pressure of his army that kept me stepping and fetching. I made two tactical retreats to reform even to keep myself in the game.
Well done Jesse, that was a great game.
I forget most of his list. What I remember is below along with my list.
pVlad with two spriggans
eIrusk with a juggernaut
MoW Kovnik marshaling two destroyers (a psudo third battlegroup, this group ended up winning me the game)
two full winterguard infantry units (one with ua)
two winterguard mortar crew
Kayazi Eliminators (kinda flopped, still learning those)
Orin Midwinter (who earned his gold, then died so I guess I dont have to pay him now)
Joseph Gregorivich
War Dog (with vlad)
manhunter
full team of battle mechanics
greylord ternion unit
There might be more I cannot remember.

Jesse fielded
Venethrax with 2 defilers, a seether and Malice
Scaverous had 2 nightwretches and deathjack.
full mechanithralls with two brutes.
two necrotechs with scrapthralls
Scarlock attached to Saverous
two min bloatthralls (I hate them)
two warwitch sirens
the withershadow combine
a pistol wraith
gorman de wulf
saxon orric (hate him too)
cant remember anything else.

But the speed cryx has ghost walk on Scaverous with the scarlock, and Saxxon there was no where he couldnt go. Then Venethrax with Lamentation, it was an army directly from the Nightmare Empire. I did win, but that game taught me a lot.
1: No matter how far down you are (model, points, firepower for example), applying pressure to them can really mess with their minds and tactics (I was at the end of the pressure stick).
2: Terrain can be your friend as much as your enemy. Especially when your opponent is driving through it like a mack truck.
3: Falling back into a defensive formation can save you the game. I had to do this twice. The second time when Vlad was nearly killed by Deathjack! (He got smacked down to three damage after two attacks. I got lucky there)
4: If you cannot cast a spell, because of lamentation, and you are pretty sure your enemy cannot reach your Warcaster, heal!

Im sure there are other lessons that I have forgotten, so thus must learn again at the end of a stick.
I wish we would have taken picks.
Thanks for reading
Laters
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down