Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40 point Caster Kill! Protectorate vs. Khador

2 posters

Go down

40 point Caster Kill!  Protectorate vs. Khador Empty 40 point Caster Kill! Protectorate vs. Khador

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Mon May 27, 2013 12:40 am

Played against Jake tonight. Good game, we both took warcasters we had not played in a long time. Jake taking pKreoss and pIrusk for me. While fun, I think I drug out the game with Inhospitable Ground (he didn't have the Piper of Ord or any other way to get around rough terrain.) While I had a mostly shooting army, it didn't make much difference until later in the game. By then it was too late for me. His high armor and my inability to shoot at his warjacks until they were on me negated much of any advantage I had.
During our feat turns I used pIrusks feat to hopefully negate any benefit if Jake used the pKreoss pop and drop. I also used this feat near the end of my turn. If I could use any ranged attacks there were minimal and my melee at this point was nearly non existent. Every round though I had cast Inhospitable Ground. When Jake used his feat when mine was finished. My whole army fell except for a mortar team. Casting Inhospitable Ground mostly negated his feat. So in all I feel I wasted my feat.
In the end I was tabled by Jake. But it was a good game and we both had a great time. Here are the army lists to the best of my memory.
pKreoss
Battle Group consisted of a Repenter, Crusader and a Vanquisher
A minimum Choir of Menoth
A max Temple Flameguard (w/ UA)
A max Holy Zealots (w/ UA)
2 Paladins of the Wall
A Vassal of Menoth
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
Cant remember if there is anything else. (must remember to take notes)
vs.
pIrusk
Battle Group consisted of The Behemoth and Black Ivan
A max Man O War Demolition Corp.
A max Winter Guard Infantry (w/ UA)
A Winter Guard Mortar crew
Kovnik Josef Grigorivich
War Dog

Things I learned in this game.
1 Slowing your opponent. Slowing down your opponents army is a good tactic, but remember that when you slow them down try to take advantage of their speed with ranged weapons, clogging charge lanes or other speed debuffs. If your opponent isn't moving as fast as they should you might have a round or two also to move into a better position.
2 Know when to holdem. Knowing when to use your feat is a major point in the game. A round too soon or to late and you could be hurting, few things are worse than a wasted feat.
3 Don't forget your jacks. I play a lot of infantry, ask anyone who has played me, I love infantry. Today though hurt me when I played the Behemoth for the first time and he was pretty much thrown away. I have knowledge of and know how to use infantry well. Now I'm going to go back through all my warjacks and relearn abilities and synergies with warcasters, marshals, other warjacks and infantry.
Thanks for reading this post.
laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

40 point Caster Kill!  Protectorate vs. Khador Empty Re: 40 point Caster Kill! Protectorate vs. Khador

Post  GregB Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 am

My two cents on pIrusk.

He is the best caster to defend and protect everyone. my first choice with him would be to take some fast troops to get the Alpha strike really quick.

Inhosp. Ground is your best ally to do so on most armies (except Carvolo/pathfinder shenanigans that you should always deal with first anyway).

A good troop with pIrusk are the Iron Fang Pikemen with UA. They're rock solid, they're really fast with the mini-feat and between the feat and InhopG, they will be sure to be the first ones to get to their target without much retaliation.

I never really believed in the shooty Khador, especially the so-called Winter Guard death star which is way overrated.

Anyway good times were had and we all know that Menoth is broken. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down