Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 Point Caster Kill! Cryx vs. Khador

3 posters

Go down

50 Point Caster Kill!  Cryx vs. Khador Empty 50 Point Caster Kill! Cryx vs. Khador

Post  Legion of Hufferblight Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello guys, after not making it to the Dueling Grounds last night Jesse and I ended up playing a game. It was eSorscha vs. eGaspy(or Gaspy 2). I took a winter guard heavy army and Jesse using Gaspy 2 also took heavy infantry. Jesse won the game using Gaspys feat and poor Sorscha was turned into a bane knight, yup she was killed by Bane Lord Tarterus.
The armies were.
Gaspy 2
battle group of 2 nightwretches, a reaper and good ol' cankerworm.
max Bane Knights
max Mechanithralls (w/ 2 Brutethralls)
Wither Shadow Combine
Tarterus
Warwitch Siren
Pistol Wraith
Saxon Oric
Gorman de Wulf
a necrotech with scrapthrall
May of had more cannot remember.

I had.
eSorscha
battle group of a Bonded Juggernaut
two max winter guard infantry (one with ua), wish I had rocketeers.
two winter guard mortars
Greylord Ternions
Gregorivich
Man-O-War Kovnik (marshaling two destroyers)
war dog.

Things went from bad to worse for me in the game. The game turner against me was popping sorschas feet. Not only did I miss like a ton of attacks. The ones that did penetrate armor did 10 damage max. That was after doubling. I did have a bit of a come back but it wasn't enough.
Some of the things I learned.
1: Timing. When you have three cogs in the machine to make a unit rock your enemy make sure you activate them in the proper order. I was going to have Sorsha desparate pace my winterguard unit (with ua). They were in the woods so the extra movement would be key. Then I was to have Kovnik Josef Gregorivich give the winterguard For the Mother Land speech which would give them a boosted attack dice. Then activate the the winterguard and give bob and weave order then move spray the crap out of his units and solos. They were all going to die (cryx that is). Then I stared my turn and did it all ass backwards. My winterguard first (even forgetting about bob and weave), then not making it within 3" of the wood I couldnt target anyone. Sad It sucked.
2: Depression. After the winterguard fiasco and then the miserable feat the next turn I about gave in and conceded. I felt terrible and wanted to take my ball and go home. My dice failed me, my tactics failed me, my feat failed me, I failed me. As downhearted as I was though I threw my dice to the side and grabbed a different set. Wanting to give up after a few fail turns is normal, I mean who wouldnt after a bad set of turns. Believe me though not only will your opponent respect you, you will respect you for not giving up on the fight. Who knows, maybe the next turn will be your turn to tear stuff up. The battles that you pull victory from the mouth of defeat are the sweetest.
I heard a phrase years ago, Pain is temporary and chicks dig scars. pirat

thank you for reading.
Laters.
Legion of Hufferblight
Legion of Hufferblight

Back to top Go down

50 Point Caster Kill!  Cryx vs. Khador Empty Re: 50 Point Caster Kill! Cryx vs. Khador

Post  GregB Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Good attitude !

Never concede at Warmachine (unless you need to go right now for something more important than gaming and we all know there's nothing more important !) cause the game allows everything, even with only one mini.

You play a lot of shooty things with your Khador. And considering the feeble amount of ranged attacks boost Khador gives, maybe adding some melee impact would help you, as Khador has a lot of heavy hitter with nice MATs.
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

50 Point Caster Kill!  Cryx vs. Khador Empty Re: 50 Point Caster Kill! Cryx vs. Khador

Post  dcmechanix Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey guys, I haven't played a lot until recently and likewise got lazy posting here too. Anyway, Hufferblight took it all in stride and decided to hang in there after some bad turns. I was glad to see he composed himself and continued. Quitting should always be the LAST option on the list.

As for going more melee, he went jack heavy w/Kharchev the next battle... if he wants to go into detail on what went down, I'll talk about it when he posts it. It went BAD for him though, I'll say that, but I think it had a lot to do with the matchup.
dcmechanix
dcmechanix

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm

dcmechanix wrote:Hey guys, I haven't played a lot until recently and likewise got lazy posting here too. Anyway, Hufferblight took it all in stride and decided to hang in there after some bad turns. I was glad to see he composed himself and continued. Quitting should always be the LAST option on the list.

As for going more melee, he went jack heavy w/Kharchev the next battle... if he wants to go into detail on what went down, I'll talk about it when he posts it. It went BAD for him though, I'll say that, but I think it had a lot to do with the matchup.

Cryx is a very bad match-up for Karchev jack heavy lists.

Looking forward to the battle report. Smile
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down