Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12

5 posters

Go down

Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12 Empty Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12 SteelheadPatches

Event: Journeyman Slow Grow League
Starting Date: Sunday, January 15th, 2012
Times: Starts at 3 PM every Sunday for six weeks

441 East Sandusky Street, Findlay, OH 45840

Prize Support: Patches for first eight people to sign up. Patch prizes are awarded for initial participation, continued participation, and championship awards. There are four rank award patches that all players may earn by participating in the league. There are three championship award patches a player may earn if she/he qualifies.

Entry Fee: $10 for the entire six week event

Journeyman Slow Grow League

Over the course of six weeks, players compete for prizes by earning league points. There are three types of league points:
Game Points, Hobby Points, and Journeyman Points. Game Points are earned for playing against other players in the
league using that week’s rules, Hobby Points are earned for painting models, Journeyman Points are the sum of Game

Points and Hobby Points.
Each week, rules are set to restrict the size and general composition of players’ armies. This will help encourage an
environment that is enjoyable for players who may take longer to become accustomed to the rules of the game.

Prizes

The awarded rank patches are modular. All players begin with the Rank 1 centerpiece patch and may earn additional
chevrons up to Rank 4. Each rank patch is placed below the previous patch in order. Any Championship patches a player
wins are placed at the top of their earned ranks, as follows.
Championship Award(s)
Centerpiece (Rank 1)
Chevron (Rank 2)
Chevron (Rank 3)
Chevron (Rank 4)

Championship Awards (one of each per league)
Destroyer Award (Skull): Most Game Points
Creator Award (Flag): Most Hobby Points
Journeyman Award (Crown): Most Journeyman Points

Rank Awards (obtainable by all players)
Rank 1: League Entry
Rank 2: 10 Journeyman Points
Rank 3: 20 Journeyman Points
Rank 4: 30 Journeyman Points

Battlegroup Box Set Equivalents

At this time, not all factions have a battlegroup that can be purchased as a single box set. Also, with the release of the
WARMACHINE Two-Player Battle Box, there exists an alternate battlegroup for the Protectorate of Menoth. A player
who wishes to play one of the factions, contracts, or minion pacts listed below may use the associated battlegroup box set
equivalent.

It is strongly recommended that new players who wish to begin learning WARMACHINE and HORDES with Mercenaries or Minions are made fully aware that these factions do not have the same breadth of options as other factions.

A player who wishes to play Mercenaries or Minions during the league must play the same contract or pact throughout the
entire league.

Protectorate of Menoth (Two-Player Battle Box Alternative)
High Exemplar Kreoss, Vanquisher, Crusader, Repenter

Retribution of Scyrah
Kaelyssa the Night’s Whisper, Manticore, Griffon, Chimera

Mercenaries (Four Star Syndicate Option 1)
Magnus the Traitor, Mangler, Renegade, Talon

Mercenaries (Four Star Syndicate Option 2, Searforge Commission, Highborn Covenant Option 1)
Gorten Grundback. Ghordson Driller, Grundback Gunners x3

Mercenaries (Four Star Syndicate Option 3, Highborn Covenant Option 2, Talion Charter)
Captain Bartolo Montador, Mariner, Freebooter, Buccaneer

Minions (Thornfall Alliance)
Lord Carver, War Hog, Gun Boar x2

Minions (Blindwater Congregation)
Bloody Barnabas, Blackhide Wrastler, Ironback Spitter

League Schedule
A player may paint as many models during a league as he likes. Only models painted in the faction a player originally
signed up for in the league will count towards scoring. A player may play as many games during a league as he likes, but
he may not score points in a game against an opponent he played in the game directly preceding the current game. For
instance: John plays Mike and scores 3 points for winning. Until John plays another player at least once, he cannot gain
any more points for playing Mike again. If John only played Mike and Dave during the course of the league, but
alternated between the two, all of his matches would count for points.
Weeks 1 through 5 require that a player use the contents of his battlegroup box set when constructing an army list. At
week 4, a player is allowed to swap out the warcaster or warlock in his battlegroup box set for another warcaster or
warlock within the same faction. This player’s games for weeks 4 and 5 must use the new warcaster/warlock or the
original warcaster/warlock. For week 6 there are no restrictions, and a player may switch his caster from game to game all
week long.

Week 1: Battlegroup box set only
Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw

Week 2: 15 points: Battlegroup box set contents required
Kill Box

Week 3: 25 points: Battlegroup box set contents required
Kill Box

Week 4: 25 points: Battlegroup box set contents required (’caster swap
allowed)
Kill Box

Week 5: 35 points: Battlegroup box set contents required (original or
swapped ‘caster allowed)
Kill Box or Killing Fields

Week 6: 35 points: No restrictions
Kill Box or Killing Fields

Check this http://privateerpress.com/files/CompleteJourneyman.pdf for complete information.

Veterans and new-comers are all welcome. If you plan on participating, please post below and include your expected Faction.

Last edited by Dark Aletheia on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added league schedule and weekly progression)
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12 Empty Re: Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12

Post  GregB Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 pm

I won't be there yet... Sad

I would have loved to get motivated on painting my cryx with this league. Well, I guess I will have to find another motivation (like tournaments... lol)
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12 Empty Re: Journeyman Slow Grow League, 6 Week League starting Sun. 1/15/12

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:45 pm

SHWTD wrote:I won't be there yet... Sad

Don't worry. I expect that this will be a continual thing, as many of us have multiple factions to get painted up!

FYI, as soon as the official league season starts, we'll do those starting at 5 or 6 PM on Sundays, so folks who come on Sundays can be part of both leagues.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  GregB Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:47 pm

Excellent news.

I think that we need a pinned topic telling us what day does what for Warmachine in Findlay. I need to start negotiating with the better half of my couple and the kids too. Very Happy
GregB
GregB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm

SHWTD wrote:I think that we need a pinned topic telling us what day does what for Warmachine in Findlay.

As soon as Jacob gets access to a computer, he'll give me moderating privileges so that I can keep the calendar up to date.

After a number of conversations, it looks like we are shifting official league play to Sunday afternoons/evenings from 3 PM to 10 PM (the DG's hours on Sundays). We'll have occasional SteamRoller tournaments on Saturdays. I may have some demo events on Friday nights to draw more people in. But, overall, the big day will be Sundays.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Retribution of Shiley Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Damn, that means I'd have to purchase Kaelyssa now, and another unit or a number of solos by the 5th week. That's going to be .... difficult. Sad
Retribution of Shiley
Retribution of Shiley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Retribution of Shiley wrote:Damn, that means I'd have to purchase Kaelyssa now, and another unit or a number of solos by the 5th week. That's going to be .... difficult. Sad

You're telling me. I'm buying all new pirate figs!
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:34 pm

We doing the official set battleboxes for the factions? I was thinking of doing pigs or Retribution while im flush on christmas cash.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Swampgater wrote:We doing the official set battleboxes for the factions? I was thinking of doing pigs or Retribution while im flush on christmas cash.

Yes, we are doing the official battleboxes as well as the exceptions noted above, such as Menoth getting two options (the regular battlebox or some of the Menoth models from the two-player starter set. Retribution (lacking an "offical" battlebox) starts with Kaelyssa the Night’s Whisper, Manticore, Griffon, Chimera. The Pigs (also lacking an "official" battlebox), start with Lord Carver, War Hog, Gun Boar x2
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Im very much considering pigs after seeing those models in person. Plus it gives me access to the other half of my faction, which has more raw kill power then the gators. Just not completly overjoyed with the battlebox. Still its not as bad as khadors.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah, I was really blown away by those Hogs with the furnaces on their backs. They were huge!
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 pm

I knew the warhogs were nice models, but seeing them in person really brings it home. Plus they can pop a khador jack like a poorly made toilet paper pinata.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I might not be able to play every week of this but I will be there as often as I can with my Khador. I haven't played Sorscha for awhile so getting her back on the table should be fun. I also have plenty of painting to do!

Seeing the pigs on the table for the first time was pretty sweet. I think you'd really enjoy playing Lord Carver as well. He is a beast!

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:53 am

Well Im decided. Im porkin it for the slow grow league. Very Happy
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Swampgater Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Looking forward to sunday. The pork brigades assembled and awaiting carnage.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 pm

My wife and I are going out of town this weekend so I am probably going to be a little late this Sunday. I'm still planning on being there though unless something unexpected comes up.

I'm looking forward to putting pSorscha on the table again. Its been a long time since I've used her and from what I remember she was a lot of fun. Never did any good with her, but fun none the less!

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:31 pm

That's cool. I'm glad you'll be able to make it. The league is very much laid back: play as many games as you want, paint as much as you care to, and we'll add up the points at the end.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Aletheia Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 am

As an update, we didn't have enough players to make this go. We only had myself, Zach B., and John (the same as Thursdays, so it seems like moving the day didn't get us any additional players). Jacob showed up later, but didn't play. Next week, John can't make it, I'll have to leave early, and Jacob is coming late. The next Sunday is the 29th, and that's only 1-2 weeks before the War-Torn Alliances league is supposed to start.

Should we just suspend this league so that we can go full steam into War-Torn Alliances and then pick up a Journeymen when there is (hopefully) more time and more interest? I'm leaning this way, but I'm curious what Splinter and Swampgator think.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm fine with that. I have some lists I can use in the Wartorn Alliance league that i can't use in the journeyman league so that works for me. But as long as we get to play some warmachine, I'm fine with whatever.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down