Steam Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9

3 posters

Go down

Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9 Empty Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9

Post  Dark Aletheia Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Bring your 35 pt. list(s) to the Dueling Grounds on Feb. 9th from 6-10 PM. We'll do a few rounds using possible Steamroller senerios, timed turns, and all the other details. This will be a good chance to get a feel for your army and to get a preview of what you might face from the tourney on Sat. the 11th.
Dark Aletheia
Dark Aletheia

Back to top Go down

Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9 Empty Re: Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9

Post  Swampgater Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Gotta say timed turns are a killer if your running infantry heavy. Zack aka Splinter was having a hard time with the list he brought and my farrow list wasnt anywhere near the time limit during yesterdays game. I might abandon piggys for the tourney if I cant speed things up next Thursday.
Swampgater
Swampgater

Back to top Go down

Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9 Empty Re: Steamroller 2012 Training Event, Thursday Feb. 9

Post  Splinter Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 am

Yea, I think some of my turns probably took closer to 15 minutes than 7 minutes. I knew the list was big and would cause problems, but when it took me 3.5 minutes to just run everything on my first turn, I knew I was in trouble.

Thats what the Behemoth is good for though! 13 points, 1 model. Solves my problem right there. Now I just have to hope I have enough infantry to fill in some charge lanes. Guess we'll find out.

Also, the new 2012 scenarios are really interesting. John and I played a flank deployment scenario and it actually changed the game a lot more than I though it would.

Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down